Thursday, November 16, 2023

That never happens to me.

I think we can all agree we've had those moments in life where we're telling a story about our childhood, or something we regularly did throughout our life, thinking it's perfectly normal and all of the sudden somebody hits you with one of those THAT'S NOT F*CKING NORMAL, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

No? Just me then? I highly doubt that.

The point is, I'm usually on the colorful side of those stories. I'll pop off with some shit that I think is perfectly fine and people around me are like, are you ok? Because trauma. 

How was I supposed to know it wasn't normal to live in a tent and eat green beans and vienna sausages for weeks on end growing up? I'll go ahead and tell you, I DIDN'T. I thought it was normal to have to wear four layers of clothes to stay warm, and bathe using a spicket over the hill. Thought it was normal to work tobacco until your hands bled and for eight kids to share one bed because they didn't have shit either and y'all were just hanging out and living life.

Everybody doesn't have a bucket in the holler that substitutes for an outhouse? 

My bad.

I could keep going, but honestly, I don't need anymore reason for people to assume I need therapy. After reevaluating some things and reviewing my life, I've come to look at it as learning experiences and character building. And yeah, maybe there's some deflection and wishful thinking on my part. Perhaps it's denial in it's plainest form.

BUT I'm good with it and at the end of the day, it's given me a dark and morbid sense of humor. And let's be honest, those are the most fun.

HOWEVER, we went to Mavis's last night and when I tell you Mace popped off with some shit that even had me like WTF?!! I'm not exaggerating. 

I won't go into all the details (or any details really) but let's just say her family had an interesting way of dealing with a pet's passing when she was growing up and I'm pretty sure she's going to have her own three-part Netflix special in the coming years.

Not to mention, it really freaked Trav out and Dev and I teased him about it... but also talked about it on the way home and are hoping for the best, because maybe sociopaths? I don't know. All I know is our cousins/besties are forty some odd days away from having the baby and there is literally not a dull moment to be had when we're all hanging out.

Wish us luck though... because damn. We're just adults doing our best. And sometimes our best needs a f*cking vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment