Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Curiosity got the best of me.


Remember when I was talking about that guy I grew up with? How I had been thinking about him the last couple of weeks and wondering how he was doing? I haven't seen him since the summer after we all graduated. Not the immediate one, but the next one. So, 2009. To be entirely accurate I think the last time that we seen each other was at Skippy's funeral. And as you can probably guess, hugs were exchanged, forehead kisses were given, and tears were shed, but none of us were exactly in the 'catching up' kind of mood.

That might have been the last time that we were all together. Horrible circumstances have that way about them. They bring people together only to make them have regrets. Then everyone kind of just drifts apart. No one's fault really. It's just one of those things that happen. We grow up and follow our own paths. Next thing you know, everyone is scattered into the four winds and you're left wondering- What happened?

Well, last night, curiosity got the best of me. I sent this particular old friend of mine a message {via FB, because I knew of no other way to get a hold of him}. And to my surprise he wrote me back fairly quickly. We talked for a bit, not quite as comfortable as we had once been with each other, but what is there to expect after five years? It was nice to just talk for a little while. I ended up giving him my phone number, not for any romantic reasons, but simply because, even though there are far more people out there that I'm sure he would rather talk to, I wanted him to know that he had the option.

We may never talk again, but sometimes.....sometimes it's nice to just have the option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment