Sunday, August 16, 2015

I wanted to eat all of the dip.

This past Wednesday I decided it was the right evening to try out this new recipe that I had found from one (if not the) favorite bloggers of mine: Samantha Irby. You should probably go holler at her over at- Bitches Gotta Eat. She's hilarious and you will not regret it.

I ran across this recipe on her post about what to do for Christmas when you're not a very, let's say "holly jolly" person. And of course one of those things that you do is- EAT. She threw a few recipes out there and when I ran across the one entitled- Taco Dip, I knew that I had to eventually make it.


So, on Wednesday I did. And I have no regrets. I figured that it would be fairly decent, but that I would be the only one that would like it (it happens a lot when it comes to trying new recipes) and that I would be "Lone Rangering" it when it came to eating it.

Uh, I was very wrong. Greg wanted to eat like the entire pan of it and even Momma almost couldn't stop herself. I sent some home with Aunt Poot for Uncle Darrell and she ended up eating more of it than him. I was going to bring some to Dani, but I'm sure it's like five bazillion calories and then she would eat it all and want to murderize me, so I let that go.

Even Greg's girlfriend tried it. She didn't say anything either way to me, but I overheard her to Greg and apparently my cooking isn't "up to par" with hers. Whatevs, girl. I've ate your cooking, calm down, you are no Ina Garten.

I was in the middle of making it and realized that I didn't have any shredded cheese and shuffled through the options of either leaving the cheese out of it or using sliced cheese. Well, sliced cheese sounded very strange to me and leaving it out was just really no option at all (it needs the deliciousness of cheddar cheese). Therefore, I turned off the oven and Momma and I went to the grocery store to pick up shredded cheddar cheese. Worth it.

Seriously, this stuff was SO good and I definitely see me making it in my future. Basically, because my family demands it. Thanks, Samantha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment