Friday, August 21, 2015

This work week has been 1,768,542 days long.

(So far, the only thing fun about this day is when Dani read this poem to me).


Have you guys ever had one of those weeks where you just know that it's never gonna end? This week has been that kind of week for me. It feels like I have had to drag myself out of bed and into work over and over again for a century and it's just now Friday.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very thankful for my job and can't express how much I appreciate the fact that the people I work with, work with me and my somewhat hectic life. That's not what I'm saying. I really am grateful.

But even the very most grateful people in the world have a moment or two. And this is my moment.

All week I was a day ahead. Which means that on Tuesday I was convinced that it was Wednesday. On Wednesday I swore that it was Thursday and yesterday should have been Friday in my mind. Do you know what that means? That means technically my brain and body feels like it should be Saturday and it doesn't want to do anything in the way of productivity.

No. It doesn't.

What those two little minxes want to do is be in sweatpants, take Benadryl and drink alcohol while Netflix'ing Supernatural, because we're almost through the first season. That's what they want to do. Is that what they get to do?!

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!

Instead it got to wake up earlier than usual, because the immense pain in my jaws (I've been grinding my teeth even more so than usual lately) wanted to start the day at three in the morning and then I had to make myself look like a semidecent looking human being and present myself until three thirty today.

Have I mentioned how much I'm TGIF'ing it today?!! Finally.....

No comments:

Post a Comment