Thursday, August 8, 2024

Hanging out, trying to make it in this economy, and snuggling puppies.

Is it just me... or... do we ALL feel more broke than usual right now? Don't get me wrong, I make decent money... more money than what my childhood could have ever dreamed of... nothing extravagant but enough to live comfortably. Everything should be great and I should be rolling in the dollars and taking extended weekend vacations... but like... shit be expensive.

And it's not just me... I've heard ALOT of people mention it recently. Seems like as soon as we get on a budget and get shit aligned... something's price increases... or something expensive breaks... or a random cost increase that no one saw coming or warned you about takes effect.

I don't want to ramble on about this... I just wanted to mention it. 

Mostly for the comfort of others... because they're new poor... but I'm old poor so if they need some pointers... I got you.

Aside from that... Dev's been sick for the last week. It doesn't seem to be the flu... it's all upper respiratory. He feels like shit and has a terrible cough but I think the new Tylenol we got seems to be helping. I hope so... poor guy is a trooper but I know he's been feeling like he was hit by a truck.

Steve officially had her last set of shots yesterday... and she's scheduled to be spayed... tomorrow. We didn't think she was gonna have surgery this soon... but the vet recommended we do it before her first heat cycle and they had an opening to get her in and offered it so here we are. 

We always planned on getting her spayed, we just didn't know how old she had to be and we wanted to be as safe as possible. Hence, the vet advice. The whole reason we're not letting her have a litter of pups is because if Steve has a litter of twelve... well... now me and Dev have fifteen dogs and we HAVE to keep them all. Because neither of us have self control. So... appointment for Steve. 

I'm nervous about it (she's my baby and it's surgery!) but we're hoping she can recover throughout the weekend and she'll feel better soon. Her brothers are definitely gonna be all up on her wanting to know what in the hell is happening. She's so damn rambunctious all the time, when she's in recovery they'll probably think it's apocalypse time.

Since Steve will be in recovery we'll be having a chill weekend at the house. It'll just be us and our babies... and I can't wait! Things are very different without my brother living with us... more on that some other time... but the strangest is the fact we're still trying to get used to not being on anyone else's schedule. It's only us in the house doing what we want at all times.

And if I don't want to leave the comfort of my critter hole... I don't!

Before that can happen though... there's preparing to be done (we should probably do all weekend errands tonight so we can just stay home with the Steve)... there's still one more work day to get through... Steve has her surgery... and then we'll be in recovery all weekend. And by we I do mean yes WE because the Glisson's do EVERYTHING together.

All for one... and one for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment