Thursday, October 24, 2013

Taking Me Back

Remember when I told you that I found my "BlackBook" and I would soon be sharing some pictures out of it? Well, what better day than today to do that? After all it is what the kids these days are calling "ThrowbackThursday" or "#tbt" for those of ya'll that don't know like I didn't. Seriously, they use it all of the time. Well, on this day I have decided to use it and go all "ThrowbackThursday" too.

So here it is...This one is Me, Greg, and Johnathan. It was taken between five and six years ago. I'm pretty sure that I was still in HighSchool or had just graduated. I'm not sure which, but it was one or the other. Johnathan is just like a brother to me. Honestly, we "adopted" him when we first moved down to Tennessee when I was real little and he's been a part of our family ever since. I always used to and still do at times tell people I have two brothers when they ask. What's that the kids say? Brother from another Mother? Something like that. Anyways, this picture was taken in my bedroom one night when we were all hanging out. I think it was Me, Greg, John, Fish, Dyer, and "Dean"...possibly PB too. I can't remember if he was there then or if he showed up later. One or the other. It's really funny because I'm standing on my tippy toes. I had to. How you gonna put somebody that's five foot in the middle of two people that are taller (John is much taller) and want a picture? They had been drinking if you can't tell, and they're both very loveable while intoxicated. I hadn't been off work long and was hanging out when they showed up. We all used to have so much fun together. And for some unknown reason, I felt the need to start documenting everything. They all told me that it was a good idea...for the most part at least. We all thought that we were so freakin' cool. Note the hat...see it? Do you know what kind of hat that is? (Mine not Greg's). It's a Rolling Stones Hat. Yeah, I thought that I was so cool. I. Was. Wrong. We live and we learn though. If I could find it, I would still straight up wear that hat. I loved it. Plus, my Corona Hoodie. Yeah, I love that thing. We been through alot. We'll just leave it at that. See how cool Greg and John think that they are? They think that they are awesome. They still think that. Have forever. I've tried to tell them for years that they're wrong, but they just won't listen to reason. Plus, whenever they're in trouble they always come running to me. Hello! I'm the Baby Sister, Dang it! Still gotta love them though. Even if they are both a couple of Dorks. Yeah, that's right I said it. You heard me right. Dorks.

This one is from the Summer before Freshmen Year. I think we were like fourteen in it. Maybe, all I remember is that was the day that Quazzie (Carolyn's dad) took all four of us girls out to have some fun. Poor guy. Now that I think/look back on it, I have sympathy for that man. He was a real trooper for taking four young/teenage girls anywhere for a whole day. First of all he took us to Lafayette to have McDonald's and see a movie...The only one playing was The Pacifier. Well...after a little talking he decided that he would take us to Glasgow to watch a completely different one. Just so ya'll know from where we were Glasgow was another 1.5 hours or so. We stopped over in Tville to eat Dovie's yes we ate again after the 40 minute trip, don't judge us we had the metabolism of a gazelle on crack, and then went on to Glasgow. The whole time might I add we were talking the usual teenage girl stuff- Boys. Clothes. Boys. Make-Up. Boys. Football, ok that was just me. Boys. Britney Spears. Boys. That was back when Carolyn liked the boy that shall remain nameless, Amy was crazy about Tyler, Mo was still in "love" with Nathan, and I...well I was smitten with...we'll just call him Hank. Don't wanna be getting sued. Poor Quazzie. What a Trooper!! Back before Mo and I were no longer friends, before we lost Amy, Carolyn was married, all of them had kids, and I decided to live my "nomadic" life. Moving on...When we got there the movie didn't start for a couple of hours so what did he do? He took us shopping. Poor guy, like he hadn't been through enough. Of course all of us were having a blast!! We had to pull over once so that Carolyn could puke. She was a year older than us, and kind of well...how do I put this delicately...knocked up. And still hadn't told her daddy. No, I was there when that went down. Another story, for another day. We all went shopping and then went to the theater and watched Mean Girls. I remember all of us thinking that was the funniest/greatest movie for a teenage girl ever. It wasn't. After the movie was over we swung by Taco Bell remember the metabolism and prego chick and headed home. Eventful moment? Quazzie took a wrong turn and was driving down the wrong way of the Interstate. We all panicked and then started laughing hysterically. Just so ya'll know I had very eclectic taste in music, but the other one's wanted to listen to Avril Lavigne/Britney Spears. Which was fine with me, but now that I think about it...we were crazy. Plus the dancing! Oh, the inappropriate dancing. The secrets that I could share about all of these girls, but I won't. I'm just nice like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment