Monday, October 28, 2013

Just Because I Hang Out With Chuck Norris

Tonight while I was downstairs watching Hell on Wheels which I'll talk more about in a minute, I heard the god awfullest commotion coming from upstairs. I ignored it of course because I was being lazy knew that it was Shylyn, and she's all the time doing crazy stuff. Besides everyone else was up there too, so I knew it wasn't anything bad. About 3.2 seconds later she came falling running down the stairs yelling for me and when she got to me she started yanking on my shirt talking gibberish. I came upstairs with her against my will while she was telling me what was wrong. Apparently she was bringing the trashcans around the house that she was supposed to do earlier in the evening and some guy was walking down the street, wearing a mask, with his arms in his shirt and he scared her. She came running in to get me and wanted me to go outside to "investigate" and "protect" her. I just looked at her while she pointed at the front door, and I know that the look on my face had to be priceless. I went outside to check everything out, if only to make her feel better really. She was actually pretty scared. When I checked everything out, found the guy, and told him to leave he was scaring the kid, he was hanging out around my car checking doors I went back in the house to talk to her. I said "Shy can I ask you something?" She Said- "Yeah". Me- "Ok, why did you come get me?" Shy- "Because he scared me and I needed you to come check it out and protect me." Me- "Me?" Shy- "Yeah, duh, why?" Me- "You mean to tell me that you ran past three dogs, at least ten things that could be used as weapons, two front doors, and three grown men to run downstairs and get me to check everything out?" She thought about it a minute and replied- "Yeah, I guess I did." Me- "Why?" Shy- "Because I knew you would protect me and beat them up, you're good like that". I just laughed, thanks for the confidence kid. :) I think she may be crazy...


Back to Hell on Wheels, the only reason I'm currently watching this show is because of Danielle. She told me that I needed to watch it, that it was a great show, then she preceded to tell me the entire plotline and everything that happened. Well, after all of that I had to see it. It sounded amazing, and like something that only someone like me would enjoy. She was right, don't tell her that her head will swell :) I really like it. It's pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong, it's sad, and there are parts of it that are real hard to watch, but it's SO good.
 
I've been an Anson Mount fan ever since back when he played Ben Kimble in Crossroads (2002) with Britney Spears and Taryn Manning. Back before Brit went cray, and then got her shit straight she's still fabulous in my opinion and before Taryn joined SOA for a couple of seasons and then continued to play a crackhead/alcoholic in everything else. Yes, I'm a Britney Spears fan. Get over it! I don't judge you, leave me be. You think I'm bad for being a fan? Anson is supposed to be a badass gunslinger and he was originally a sweetie that won Brit over with his guitar, crappy car, piano, poetry, and smile. Hello! It was an awesome movie, I don't care what any of ya'll say. Anyways...I should have known that it was going to be awesome Dani usually calls what I like fairly good because it was an #amc show. That right there within itself is enough to tell you it's going to be good. Seriously, I don't think that I've ever watched a bad show on that program. Think about it. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and now Hell on Wheels. Those folks definitely know what they're doing when it comes to entertainment/ programming. It's called Hell on Wheels, because that's what they called the First Transcontinental Railroad. That's what the workers, surveyors, prostitutes, and everyone else involved called it at least. It starts out with the telling of Cullen Bohannon's journey for revenge. It implies that his wife had been killed by Union Soldiers during the war, him being a Confederate Soldier, and how he is now hunting all of those involved down. It doesn't go into great details about it until later on when he is talking to another worker (Elum) that he befriends after several altercations. It also tells the story of everyone around him, including Elum who is an African American male working on the railroad with prejudice all around him. He saves Cullen, Cullen saves him, needless to say they have each others backs. I'm almost completely through with the first season, I think I have about two or three more episodes left, then I'll start season two. There's only two on NetFlix right now, since the third one is now showing on #amc. Oh well, I'll finish it up and just wait. Thanks alot for yet another addictive obsession Dani...Like I needed another one :)  I don't have alot else I want to talk about for today. Sorry, but I'm not sorry- It's been a long day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment