Saturday, February 22, 2014

That time I made soup.

Before I tell you about my soup, take a little break and read the 13 things you didn't know about lust. I'll wait. Ok? Ok, as I've been saying for a few months now, there are a lot of things that I can't eat without it making me sick at my stomach. Honestly, meat being the biggest one. About the only thing that I can stomach anymore meat wise is hamburger. Needless to say- this has changed my eating habits drastically. I've always been one to eat fruits and vegetables, but now I find myself eating even more of them then I ever imagined. Katie? Healthy? Who saw this one coming? I love them and can't seem to get enough. This is probably a good thing, because even if it's not, at least it sounds healthier. So after dani found a recipe for "loaded tomato" soup online and made it, then Aunt Susi made it because Dani gave her the recipe, I decided to give it a try. I mean tomatoes and my love of soup combined? Yes, please. As I was cooking it Shy and Kenny decided to try it to, so I made more than enough. (We had a little leftover). By the time I was done making it and adding all of the extra stuff that I thought would be good in it, it kind of turned from tomato soup to taco soup. But that's ok, because I love tacos too! So since we all (especially me) loved it so much, and it was literally the easiest thing to make, EVER, I thought that I would share...

What you need:
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup (I used Campbells)
  • 1 can seasoned black beans (I used Bush's)
  • 1 can whole kernel corn (any kind)
  • 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (whatever you like)
  • Taco seasoning
  • A pot to cook in and a spoon to stir
Get your pot ready. Open all cans. Drain the corn and black beans. Dump the soup, fire roasted tomatoes (juice and all), corn, and black beans into the pot. Stir until warm and mixed together thoroughly (I added just a little bit of water to make it a bit soupier, but it's whatever you like best). Put taco seasoning in little by little, dependent upon your taste, however much you like. Let it finish cooking together.

See? I told you that was the easiest thing to make ever. And it was so good that the only way to describe it is- DEE-LISH-YASH!! Yeah, it's so good you can't even spell words right. Shy and Kenny loved it to. And all the leftovers got eaten. Shy asked me why I was just adding stuff together instead of following the recipe. My response? I DO WHAT I WANT! And we were all glad that I do. Even people on FB were asking what I put in it, because it looked so good. It smelled amazing too!! There is just nothing bad about this. I think everyone should try it. I know I'll be making it a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment