Friday, February 21, 2014

So, I ordered three new books from Amazon

And I'm just waiting for them to be delivered. Impatiently waiting. But waiting nonetheless. I read a little bit of everything. My taste is very eclectic when it comes to books. I like everything from historical fiction to biographies to romance. And absolutely everything in between. To me, there are times when I think to myself- life is just better in a book. I've thought that since I was very young. I guess you could say that I've always been a bit of a daydreamer of sorts.

I watched a bit of the movie- Selena, the other night with Momma (which of course makes me cry every time) and as I was sitting there on a commercial break I thought to myself- I wonder what ever happened to Chris Perez? So I did the only logical thing that there was to do. I Googled him. I read an interview with him and I was just amazed. After all of these years he's still as in love with her as he was the day that she passed away. That is true love my friends. He got remarried and had a couple kids, but just couldn't get over Selena. That's sad. Sad that a young lady had to die so young, because someone decided to be a thieving, no good, insensitive, idiot. Anyways, I saw that he had written a book about his and Selena's life together, and thought that it might be real good. I mean, I already enjoy his music and that's writing, so I would probably like his regular writing too. Right? So that's my first one.

I didn't put that much thought into the other two. I just wanted a couple new books, because I've read all of mine many, many, many times. The second one I ordered is called, are you ready for this one?- Beautiful Bastard. Yeah, I know. But apparently it's a series and I had read a review on it a couple weeks back so I thought that I would give it a try. It may be a real good one. Who knows? All the reviews raved about it, so I decided to judge for myself. Apparently it's the less rich version of Fifty Shades of Grey with less touching issues? I don't know. All I know is I read a review, found the book, ordered it and if it's any good I'll probably order the other ones in the series. I think there are six.


Ok, the third one. Well...I really didn't put any thought into this one. Like at all. You know that box on Amazon that pops up with suggestions after you've ordered a couple of things? Well, it popped up into my suggestion box and without reading anything about it I decided to buy it. I do that sometimes. I mean, how are you supposed to find new things to enjoy if you don't take chances? Right? I just seen the cover and thought that it was a guy standing there facing a wall with his arms behind his back. Nothing horrible. So I ordered it and didn't spare a thought. I hardly ever check the confirmation emails that they send after you order I know shame on me until a couple of days later. This time when I checked it two days later I realized what the name of it was so I read the synopsis. Ummm....the name of it is Wallbanger and it's exactly what it sounds like. And the guy that's standing there facing the wall does not have his hands behind his back, those my friends are a pair of legs. Apparently, when you put together all of the things that I've ordered from Amazon in the past you come out with the conclusion of kinky or something. Oops. Oh well, I was surprised when I realized it, but I'm still going to read it. Who knows, it may be really good.

That's my story for this week. I know not very entertaining, but I get really excited about the prospect and impendation is that a real word? of new books. I'll update you after I receive and read them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment