Tuesday, April 15, 2014

At least it was a pretty weekend

Shouldn't you get a reward or something for getting up early on a Saturday and taking a kid to school? Like, even though I didn't technically have to, I didn't want to be all- "No. you take her to school and I'll stay in my bed and dream about Jude Law while cuddling my teddy bear and all will be right with the world." And yes, I still sleep with my teddy bear. We've been through this. Move on. So instead I got up with Momma at 6:00 in the morning (yes, you heard me right- 6:00 am!! On a Saturday) to take Shylyn to school. The funny part? She only had to stay until twelve, because it was some kind of make up day. Whatevs. The point is by the time we got her ready and dropped her off (yes, even at 14 someone still has to make her get ready) it was like 7:30 and I was like- "yeah we should go get breakfast, because I'm starving and the only thing worse than being sleepy is being sleepy and hungry."

Momma agreed, because let's face it she probably just didn't want to hear my cranky butt go on and on all day about food. I didn't even bother to change out of the clothes that I slept in. Son't tell Aunt Susi. But I straight up rolled out of bed in my sweat knickers and Hogwarts t-shirt ready to go. I did however manage to finagle a sweatshirt on and wear my generic Toms (thank you Kmart and Bongo- $12 people!!). Oh and did I tell you I fixed my hair? No? Well, I'm glad I didn't because that would have been a lie. I just pulled it up into the messiest/worst bun thing that you can possibly imagine. I reiterate- don't tell Aunt Susi. We also jammed in the car. To Nsync. No shame.

we decided that if we were gonna do breakfast, we were gonna do it right, because I mean, I love food. We decided on IHop, because I really wanted waffles. I know it's the international house of pancakes, but I'm a rebel and I do what I want, including ordering waffles at the pancake house. Come to find out though I'm indecisive and ended up getting strawberry/banana french toast with bacon and hash browns. You know, just in case I want to weigh 500 pounds. I think I got the strawberry/banana just because I love trying to order it like David Beckham says it on the Burger King commercials. Yeah, it doesn't work. And I had eaten like almost half of it before I remembered to take a picture, but I don't care it was delicious and you have no right to judge me. I would eat it again. Seriously, now I want french toast. And bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Yumm..........  

After breakfast we ran some much needed errands. Like, much needed. I ran out of deodorant like three days prior, and started using Jim's brand new tube that hadn't been opened yet (don't tell him). So then I smelled like cinnamon and icy hot for like four days, because his deodorant is really weird, but whatevs. We were trying to kill some time too, until it was time to go pick up the kid. We ended up driving all over the place and going to Walmart, (two different) Dollar Trees, Big Lots, Walgreens, and somewhere else that I can't remember. Around 10:30 we gave up and went and picked the kid up early. There were only like eight kids there in total anyways.

She wanted to spend the day/night with her friends and I was all- "Umm, you gotta ask your papas, because that is sooo not my battle." She asked and they said yes and then we all loaded up in the car to run some more errands and drop her off. Just so y'all know she did everything that she wasn't supposed to do, and even though I was trying to have nothing but peace it didn't go down like that. Luckily they were still friendly while she was with her friends though. Also, I was teasing Kenny about all of the things that they were gonna do while they were together, but apparently I was right. They were being really bad and I was just like oopsy. I tried to tell them that a lot of fourteen year old kids were evil, but they just wouldn't listen to reason. Hey, I've watched horror movies. I know that kids are the devils. That and teenagers are jerks, so I mean come on. Can't say I didn't warn them.

It was so pretty this weekend, so I spent the day enjoying the pretty weather and sunshine (Me enjoy sunshine? What?!!) and the evening watching Criminal Minds and Dexter. Y'all I only have one and a half episodes left of season seven, and then I'm on the eighth and FINAL season of the series. I'm gonna have to be forced to sing "Hallelujah". It's a good show, but I've never actually sat down to watch an entire series, randomly, this long, just because. I don't even know if I like the show anymore, but I'm determined to finish it.

Also, I read on one of the blogs that I follow (Juliette) that Sea Salt Spray is amazing for your hair and helps you curl it better. So I got some. And "makes it curl better" or "easier to curl" automatically in my brain registered as- "You don't have to do anything to your hair except spray it with Sea Salt Spray". Needless to say, I haven't fixed my hair in three days, but I do keep using the Sea Salt Spray. That's the same thing, right? Did I mention that it's snowing today? Yeah, it's April 15th and I had to scrape my car this morning. I call bullshit. I'll stop rambling now.

No comments:

Post a Comment