Thursday, August 28, 2014

I may not be good at sports, BUT I am a good sport.

Yesterday, I was minding my own business. I had been perfectly lovely all day, and when I got off of work we went home to just relax. Relaxing is nice. Especially since we've been doing a million different little things, and this girl hasn't really been sleeping all that much. But I digress. I was in my comfy night shirt with no pants on when my phone went off informing me that my Aunt Susi had tagged me in a video on Facebook. Well, guess what? She tagged me in a damn video, because she did the #icebucketchallenge to raise funds and awareness for #ALS research. Thanks a lot for that, by the way. What says relax like having a giant bucket of ice water poured over your head, right? But it's for a good cause, and great research is being done, so if it helps even raise a little bit more, why not?!

So, that's what I did. Cricket ended up doing it with me (same video), because she had been challenged by two different people, (remember?) and since I was already doing it, we figured we would just team up to kill two birds with one stone, because you know, global water crisis. Momma wanted to film it, Uncle Jim wanted to douse us in the ice water, Kenny wanted to point and laugh, hell even Tayder got in on the action when he accidentally got soaked, because he wanted to see what his mom was doing. It was too much fun.

It's been extremely hot these past couple of weeks, so hot that at one point I would have considered shaving my head if I thought that it would've helped. Yeah, that hot. We're talking boob sweat city around these here parts. I haven't even fixed my hair or wore makeup in almost two weeks. Why bother with all this humidity? I'm just saying. I challenged Charlie, Betty Lynn, and Uncle Darrell, but Uncle Darrell got all offended and was like- "What about our Veterans?!" And I was like- "Nope. I'm not having that conversation/argument, because I think that we should all try to help everybody out, so I untagged him and deleted his comments, that way when someone liked or commented on it, it wouldn't bother him. I like my life peaceful, anything I can do to eliminate stress- I'm there! So, anyways, the video is on Momma's phone and my phone, but I don't know how to share it from my Facebook to my blog or from my phone to my blog, or anything like that, but if I figure it out, I'll be sure to include in a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment