Thursday, May 7, 2015

My hands smelled like garlic for five days.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to go ahead and attempt to make my own guacamole. Again. I had tried once before, but things didn't turn out so well. Mostly because I went crazy with lime juice and if anyone ever tells you that there's no such thing as too much lime juice in guacamole, that person is a liar. Trust me, been there done that. But that aside, I decided that I wanted to try it again. I prefer mine with tomatoes, because I think that it just tastes 400x better. Then again, there's not many things that I don't think tomatoes make taste better. They're one of my favorite foods.

What I used:
  • 2 avacados
  • minced garlic
  • tomatoes
  • yellow onion
  • guacamole seasoning
  • cilantro
As you may notice I completely skipped the lime and/or lemon juice. I came to realize that with the pre-packaged seasoning that it just didn't need it. Also, I used cherry tomatoes cut up fine, because I just think that they have better flavor. I bought a clove of garlic to mince up myself (I was having a complete Barefoot Contessa moment) and decided that next time I will just be buying a jar of pre-minced garlic. I get that they say fresh ingredients are better, but my hands smelled like garlic for five days. And I tried washing them in all sorts of things to try and get rid of it. To no avail. All in all though, it was delicious and I'll definitely be making it again!! I'm the only one at my house that eats it, so I only have to make a lot little.  

No comments:

Post a Comment