Wednesday, June 15, 2016

There's a busy weekend on the horizon.

(I'm already tired just thinking about it).


Have you ever made plans and get excited and completely wore out by the thought of it all at once? It's like you can't wait for all of this to happen, but at the same time, you're also thinking- "I'm already tired tomorrow, what's going to happen in a couple of days?"

That's where I am right now.

I'm excited for this weekend to get here. Momma, Aunt Poot, and I are going to have a good time and be incredibly busy. The fun kind of busy where you're doing things at a steady pace, but it's things that you actually want to do. I think people call that "having plans" or something. I wouldn't know, because I try to avoid all things social (remind me to tell you what my brother did to me- I may still punch him in the throat for it), but every now and then, I make a couple.

And this weekend falls on that spectrum. The incredibly rare one.

Mostly, we're just all going to hang out and do random things, but we also plan on going to breakfast Saturday morning and the fair come Saturday evening. And all sorts of things in between. Personally, I'm the most excited about breakfast (give me french toast w/ fruit or give me death!..... or something dramatic like that), but it's also going to be nice to just relax and have a fun little day. We don't ride carnival rides or anything like that at the fair, we just like to go and look around.

They usually have some pretty neat things to gander at. One year they had an entire display tent dedicated to horror movies with Freddy Krueger patrolling the door. That year my cousin Ashley and her wife Val went with us and Ashley is petrified of Krueger, so needless to say shit went down and what went down was a thirty year old woman running through the fairgrounds screaming like a tiny little troll.

Usually Solae would be attached at my hip during all of this, but she's staying with her friend Reagan alot this summer, so I'm pretty sure that she won't even be home come Saturday. Which is good, we all want her to have fun and see her friends when they're out of school. Although this summer break of hers she is trying to talk me into either a) going zip-ling with her b) going to an entire gymnasium full of trampolines with her or c) all of the above. She'll eventually wear me down and win, I know she will, but for now I enjoy pretending that I didn't hear what she said when she asked last month.

And Sunday (if it's not too hot- we'll see, forecast says 93°) we're going to have a cookout for Fathers Day for Uncle Darrell. Like I said, if it's too hot we all might decide eff that and order pizza, but for now, the plan is cookout. I guess we'll see when it gets here. I should probably find time somewhere in there to mow grass too, but let's be honest, I don't want to and our grass needs a serious break (the sun has managed to kill a bunch of it and a box of our flowers..... and our entire daisy collection..... and warped a few more. Needless to say, the sun has been vicious this summer and it's only the middle of June!!

I'm so excited for french toast at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment