Monday, November 21, 2016

I've decided to be one of those people.

Every year (thanks to social media) people list the things that they are thankful for. A few years ago I hit the Instagram/Facebook challenge and listed the things that I was thankful for.... and I got a little bit silly with it.... and serious with it, because I feel like the little things are important. If you take yourself too seriously life gets very stern.... and that's just not me. And it's not the way that we do things around here.

Therefore, I have decided to do it again. Except this time, I'm not going day by day, I'm just going to put it all out there at once and let the chips fall where they may.

There is no way that I could ever list all of the things that I'm thankful for in twenty-four days (you are supposed to list up until Thanksgiving- it falls on the twenty-fourth this year), but I can be random and start out.... because I do what I want. There is no wrong way to do this.... there is no proper way to do this.... there is just the way that you want to do it. Which just so happens to be my favorite way of doing everything. So, I'm just going to throw a few things out there (not twenty- four, because like I said, there is no possible way).... ten things sound good? I'm going with ten.... tenish.


One: first things first.... I am so incredibly thankful for my Momma, my puppy dog- Tayder, my brother, the fact that I have a good job (and some awesome family members that I get to work with), my amazing family of aunts, uncles, and cousins that surround me with love and laughs (you know who you are), and just all of the love and amazing qualities that each of them share with me.... y'all truly make this life worth chugging through. I love you, guys.... and thank you.

And now, to get to the not so "heavy/emotional" part of this little playful list.

Two: my flat iron.... sadly, the flat iron that I have had for twelve years (it was my first and only one- ever) decided to die and throw sparks that caught a bit of my hair on fire. I had to officially retire it (and by retire, I mean I threw that shit in the trash, but not before I took a picture of it to post on Instagram, because clearly, the world needed to know this news); Momma got me a new one.... it's for Christmas, but she gave it to me early, because my hair was.... scary. Three: my Uncle sold one of his houses recently (it was sad to see a little piece of my childhood be cleared out right in front of my eyes) and gave us a tv from said house. Like, a giant ass tv. And I can Netflix/watch Lethal Weapon on that giant ass tv to my little hearts content.

Four: Momma has decided to make a bunch of homemade foods for the holidays.... and I get to assist her in this little endeavor. She has been excited for two months and has landed on a bunch of things for Thanksgiving and for other various events. Come Wednesday evening we will be starting (even though I have already made a couple of things from scratch- like, oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, no bake cookies, you get the idea) and will be cooking from then until Thanksgiving day.... Five: speaking of Thanksgiving day, did I mention that I have a four day weekend coming up? Yeah, count it Thursday-Sunday. I am so very excited about this.

Six: it has been a hectic couple of weeks (and by weeks, I mean a solid month) a work, and the only thing that seems to keep me going these days are a mixture of sugar and caffeine.... so much sugar and caffeine. It's probably incredibly unhealthy, but it works. Seven: Jake Gyllenhaal.... you didn't really think that I would do a post like this without mentioning my main man, did you? I don't know what it is about him, but the dude can always put a smile on my face. Even his serious/somewhat psychotic roles get me and I can't stop watching. Source Code, much?!

Eight: following the whole "main man" thing up, I feel like I should go on the record by saying that I am most definitely NOT a Patriots fan.... I am however, a giant Rob Gronkowski fan. What?! I shouldn't have to defend it, but in the interest of being out there, I will just say that ever since I seen him on Wahlburgers, I can't let it go. The dude has got some serious something going on. Rawr. Nine: my winter coat. last Friday was seventy-five degrees and sunny.... just a really beautiful day.... and then Saturday came with a vengeance. Winter is officially upon us and I am lucky enough to be warm and cozy thanks to my coat.... the fact that it is camo is just a bonus, really.

Ten: last but certainly not even close to least, thank you SOO much to all of our military service men and women. What you all do is so amazing and appreciated. Never doubt that. There are many doubts in this world, and I know that sometimes things seem bleak.... but know, there are people out there that love, respect, and appreciate every single one of you. Without a doubt, you are heroes.... you put yourselves on the line so that we all may have a chance at a better life.... there are no words that can even begin to describe the thankfulness that I have for you. You're all out there defending our rights and freedoms. Once again, thank you. Thank you, so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment