Thursday, January 19, 2017

His characters have been my friends since I was a little girl.

I'm extremely busy today (#workflowouttheass).... but I wanted to stop in for just a minute today to talk about a little something (and because I have about ten minutes for lunch to spare(ish) at this moment). Is it important? Of course not.... is it random? Of course it is.

And it's about my main man.... Johnny Depp.

What up, Johnny Boy?! I'm just kidding (kind of). The People's Choice Awards (43rd- 2017) were last night.... and since I don't have cable right at this moment (long story, but do you know how much cable costs?! We're about to be just a WiFi/Netflix household), I learned of the winners via Instagram and the Yahoo news page this morning.


See the Complete Winner's List.

Quite a few of my faves won big (yes, I watch a lot of tv.... and no, I'm not even a little bit sorry about it). To name a few: Me Before You won Favorite Dramatic Movie, Fuller House won Favorite Premium Comedy Series (#TeamSteve and #TeamJimmyGibbler), Melissa McCarthy won Favorite Comedic Movie Actress, The Big Bang Theory won Favorite TV Comedy Series, Criminal Minds (even though I only watch old episodes, because I love Reid, but Hotch was my #2 guy) won Favorite TV Crime Drama, Bates Motel won Favorite Cable TV Drama, Baby Daddy won Favorite Cable TV Comedy, Kevin Hart won Favorite Comedic Movie Actor, The Walking Dead won Favorite Cable Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show, and....

Johnny Depp won Favorite Movie Icon.

And rightly so, because he is amazing and anyone who disagrees with me, is allowed to have that opinion and be wrong. Now, he's been in the news/trending the last few months pertaining to his divorce and domestic abuse allegations.... I do not agree with domestic abuse, either way. I don't think a male should beat on a woman, and I don't believe that it's ok for a woman to beat on a man.... this particular story? Wherever you stand on it, that's you, but personally, I've never believed the allegations. Yes, I am on the side of the accused, because I don't believe the accuser.

I think domestic violence is a horrible/terrible thing, and I hope those that need help, get the help that they so rightly need and deserve.... however, like with most things, I believe that there are two sides to every story and I believe that some people lie at times for their own benefit and personal gain.

With that being said, his speech last night was amazing and gracious (just like him).


While accepting the favorite movie icon award at the end of the show, Depp told the audience:

"I came here for one reason tonight and one reason only. I came here for you, the people, who through whatever good times or bad, you know, have stood by me, trusted me. Thank you."

He added, "You've very graciously invited me here tonight. I appreciate that very much-you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I was very deeply affected by the kindness of your recognition and by the well wishes to my family and to myself, which is why it's especially meaningful to me to be here in front of you and say thank you, and tell you that I truly feel that need to thank you because in all honesty we all know that none of us, especially me, wouldn't be standing up here if it wasn't for you tonight."

He ended the show with a shout-out to his late mother (who passed away in May 2015) saying, "Give 'em hell, Betty Sue!"

#TeamWadeWalkerAlways&Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment