Friday, January 27, 2017

Nothing like some Riot Gear on a Sunday morning.

This past Sunday (1/22) a guy in our neighborhood decided to act a fool. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he wasn't acting and is in all actuality, a fool.

Momma and I went out to run a couple of errands Sunday morning (around 9:00?) and as soon as I stepped out onto our porch and turned to help her and lock our door I had to stop and say.... "Moooommmmmm??!"

There was a policeman parked in the middle of our street blocking off access in/out of our road and there were two other policemen standing in the yard of the first house on our block.... and that's when I seen it.

"It" being a policeman in full. on. riot. gear.

I mean, full on riot gear. We're talking Glenn Rhee (#imaginaryhusband) circa season3-4 of The Walking Dead. Dude, was legit.


We got into our car, I turned around in the driveway across from our home and had to drive the back way out of our neighborhood.... why? Well, that's a funny story that really has absolutely no humor in it at all. Turns out, a woman lives in the house that was "sectioned off" and her ex-boyfriend had shown up that morning. She had broken up with him and he had been in jail or some kind of asylum for awhile.... and when he showed up at her home, she informed him that they would most definitely not ever be getting back together (just like T. Swift).

Apparently he didn't like what she had to say, so he left and went to his own house.... where he picked up an automatic weapon.... and went back to her house.... and started popping off shots in the yard when she wouldn't open the door. Someone called the police and by the time they got there he had somehow gotten into her home and barricaded himself and her inside.

Enter SWAT and me humming the "Bad Boys/Cops" theme song.

The police managed to get everyone out of the situation safely and arrest the offender (thanks, guys!), but then they asked him why he would do something like this, especially with just getting out of jail and/or the asylum (we're talking like same day or very next morning) and his response was something like:

"She wouldn't let me in or take me back, so I went home and got my gun and came back, to show her how much I love her."

Umm, what?! Never once have I thought to myself, "you know, if only that guy loved me, he would hold me hostage in my own home with an assault rifle." The dude has serious damage upstairs and I for one am glad that the situation was diffused without anyone being hurt. And no, this isn't some kind of "guns are evil" post, I am not "anti-gun" or anything like that. I am however, "anti-stupid" and it's people like that guy that give everybody else a bad name.

You know what they say about those "one bad apple in the whole damn bunch?" Perfect example. Luckily, as I was saying, no one was hurt and he's back locked away so he can't hurt her or anyone else.... once again, thanks to Office Rhee (and no, that's not his real name.... at least I don't think it is, but just go with it) and his friends!

People are certainly getting crazier by the day.... and you just can't escape the crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment