Friday, February 17, 2017

I'm a 90s kid.... what did you expect?!

Back in the 90s, we had "kid" movies, but we most definitely watched movies that we probably shouldn't have at the ages we were (i.e. Interview with the Vampire, Braveheart, Vampires, and so on).

Even though I don't see a problem with any of it, society is a bit (and by bit, I mean, bitches are crazy) sensitive these days regarding what they think is ok for a child. My mother was never very "strict" when it came to things such as movies, video games, etc.... mostly because she had her hands full and there were more important things to worry about. And I turned out mediocre just fine.

I'm like Billy the Kid.... only the Katie version. Is that a thing? If it's not, it is now. I've never been one to really "grow up." Don't get me wrong, I have adult responsibilities and I don't mind them, but in my head, I feel no different at twenty-seven than I did at seventeen.

Except the back pain. I definitely have more back pain now.... and wrinkles.... and grey hair. MOVING ON.

Since apparently that Sinbad/Genie movie doesn't exist (YES IT DOES, BITCHES), I had to settle on alternative movies.... and I'm more than totally ok with it. Most of my "kid" movies aren't even "kid" movies at all. Two of my favorite movies growing up were Bad Boys and Tremors. And they both taught me valuable life lessons. Bad Boys taught me that drugs and prostitution are bad, STAY AWAY. And, Tremors taught me that Kevin Bacon can do way more than just dance. (Yes, that is an important life lesson- see Stir of Echoes.).

I can now enjoy/relive some of my favorite childhood movie memories, because I officially own some of my favorites, such as, Bartok the Magnificent (and Anastasia- I love that damn little bat!), Ready to Rumble (nothing is better than Dewey and Tweeder being wrestling fans/septic cleaners), Black Dog (forget Dirty Dancing, this is where Patrick Swayze shines the most), Where the Heart Is (before one was making out with Jackie Burkehart and the other was leading protests against Donald Trump, they hung out with Forney and named their kids random shit), and Rolling Kansas (WE WERE IN LOOVVVVEEE!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment