Sunday, February 19, 2017

My thoughts on the first season of Santa Clarita Diet. (Part III).

*Netflix released a Timothy Olyphant/Drew Barrymore headed horror-comedy and of course, loving Timothy O and Drew Barrymore like I do, I had to watch. Besides, it also has the waitress and little Tommy Doyle, so it was a no-brainer to at least give it a try.

I've talked about binge-watching on Netflix quite often, including with this show, and I've managed to binge-watch it twice (and I'm not even a little bit sorry about it).

I'm sure it's not for everybody, as alot of people I know have sensitive stomachs and don't really get into the whole "zombie" thing. If you're thinking about giving it a try, but you're on the fence to the whole "zombie" thing, just know, it's not exactly a Walking Dead situation and you should probably just go ahead and give it a try, because it is HILARIOUS.

Timothy Olyphant is at his comedic prime (something that way more people should be aware of), Drew Barrymore is superb as always, and the kids/supporting characters are pretty damn hilarious themselves and add alot to the series. (Liv Hewson + Skyler Gisondo = comedic genius).

With the second season finished filming and scheduled for release sometime in 2018 (I'm assuming around February or March?), I thought it might be a good time to catch up with the Hammonds.*

Catch up on season one: Part I, Part II.


(Season One Finale) Episode Ten: Baka, Bile, and Baseball Bats

Official Synopsis: "Dr. Wolf is ready to get down to work, but with Sheila growing more aggressive by the minute, Joel worries it may be too late."

My thoughts: Only Eric would geek out and create a powerpoint presentation to catch the doctor up on Sheila and how the three of them are helping. I mean, he's good at it though. With all of the shit that goes down at the CDC they really find some kind of virus that makes people kinda dead and want to eat people SO implausible? I mean, have they ever seen The Crazies (Another Timothy Olyphant classic)?! Come on, Sheila.... how in the hell is Joel supposed to kill you when it comes down to it if not by bashing your brains in with a ballbat?! That pillow thing isn't going to work, you're way stronger than him. Dr. Wolf was the one that had that damn Serbian book all along?!

Dude, Sheila, you can't just be biting at Joel, you'll make him undead too! Coincidentally my attitude also ranges from "that was a little rude" to "run" just like Sheila. Baka Kovak needs to puke in a bucket to mix with the other ingredients?! THAT'S THE CURE?! DRINKING VOMIT?! Nah, I'll be a zombie, thanks though. Dude, Dr. Wolf goes all out in her rat death scenarios. Dr. Wolf will have to kill Sheila, there's no way Joel can do it, he loves her too much. Abby is way too good at faking convulsions and possible death.... she's a much better criminal mastermind than her parents. Shut up, Principal Novak, Baka will end you. Joel and Sheila have Baka tied to a chair and spinning her so she'll puke.... I feel for you, Baka, that's how vodka always makes me feel. HOLY SHIT! SHEILA'S ATTACKING JOEL!!! Only Joel can talk a raving zombie down off the ledge. Oh hell, the cops have sent Joel in for an evaluation.... they're locking his bitch ass up. Sheila wants Abby to chain her up in the basement? And now Dr. Wolf is leaving. It's a good thing that Abby has Eric, because if not, she would be 100% on her own right now. "Joel or I will probably be free by next week." Yeah, ok.

*I love the way this show juxtaposes everyday life with both horror and comedic elements*

No comments:

Post a Comment