Friday, June 23, 2017

Pick a Headline: "Tremors Reboot Scores Pilot Order at SyFy, Kevin Bacon to Star."

First things first, let me just get it on out of the way and say that yes, I do in fact LOVE the movie Tremors. Say what you want, but that movie is a staple of my childhood and eternal devotion to Kevin Bacon.

I've never watched any of the sequels (no Kevin Bacon, no-go for me.... although I hear one of them has Jamie Kennedy in it? so I may have to look into that one), but I hear that none of them quite lives up to the original. Then again, how in the hell could it? None of the sequels had the hilarious pair of Kevin Bacon (Val McKee)/Fred Ward (Earl Bassett).... I think Fred Ward was maybe in the second one or something, but I mean, that's just not the same. Who the hell did he play rock, paper, scissors with?!

I first read about it in a TVLine article and got extremely excited. I'm gonna be honest, I'm totally gonna watch that shit.

I watched this movie religiously as a kid and once our last vcr fell out of repair (no worries, I found another one a few years later) I was pretty heartbroken to know that I couldn't watch it anymore with the exception of when it was on tv. *enter sad face Katie emoji here*

And then one random day (years later) while Momma and I were scrounging through the $5 dvd/blu-ray bargain bin at Walmart, I FOUND IT. Of course we (and by "we" I truly mean "me") had to buy it and watch immediately, because I hadn't got to see the entire thing for like six years. And guess what?! It was still AMAZING (to me).

There's no doubt that I'm going to have to give this new tv series reboot a chance. So far, they know Kevin Bacon will revive Val Mckee (after twenty-seven years) and apparently his character is an aging alcoholic? While I don't particularly want to see a down and out McKee, Kevin Bacon does play one hell of a struggling alcoholic (see The Following) and I hope they give me some damn answers.

Answers to shit like, "what has Val bee up to all of these years?" "what has Earl been up to all of these years?" "what ever happened to Rhonda?" "are the Gummers still married to one another?" "can Heather Gummer PLEASE come back too?" "did the people of Perfection ever f*cking move after all that 1990 bullshit?" "did somebody finally punch that Melvin kid in his face?" "is Mindy still hopping around on that pogo stick?" You know, important questions like that. And like I said, some of the sequels might have answered some of this, but since I haven't watched any of them, I'm gonna need this tv show to answer some stuff for me.

Today, tomorrow, and so forth.... Kevin Bacon + SyFy = I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment