Thursday, July 27, 2017

Getting better every day.

It's been a little over three weeks since we had to rush Momma to the ER, it'll be three weeks tomorrow since she had to have emergency surgery, and a little over two weeks since I got to bring her home. While there has been a lot of adjustments, and we continue to learn about new ones everyday, the improvement that she has been making has been phenomenal.

And I'm usually one of those, "knock on wood" "don't jinx it" kind of people, but I am also one of those people that like to give credit where credit is due and tell people how proud I am of someone when I truly am.

So, here I am. Telling and sharing.... even if it happens to be usually against my will on the personal front.

A post shared by Katie Hopwood (@kdhopwood) on
Momma's incision has been closing up nicely and she has an appointment next Thursday to see about getting her staples out.... which will probably make things feel a little bit better on the healing front. Tomorrow will be the first time she's been out for an appointment since she's come home.... but she did get out with me a couple of days after we got home to go to the grocery store and pick up some meds. She really wore herself out that day, but she was so insanely happy to get out for a bit.

Other than that we've been mainly chilling and taking it easy, all while still putting in the work to get better and stronger every day. To say that she's impressive would be an understatement.

There was a Physical Therapist (PT) that came out once and gave us some really good advice/pointers on getting around until she's more comfortable/steady.... and he told me it's extremely helpful that I've has training in that field (healthcare, that is). And she has an RN that comes out once/twice a week, named Jenny and she's been great and Momma really likes her.

I returned to work the week after I got to bring her home and while I go home on my lunch breaks, my family has been insanely helpful when it comes to day to day life. One of my aunts comes and stays with her during the day when I'm at work and in the evenings and on weekends it's just the two of us (don't even get me started on my brother).

And honestly, since I've gotten my license, life has become easier. She doesn't worry about me driving and I don't have to wait to go get something that she may need. We've settled into a little groove/routine, I guess you could say for the moment. She's still down a little more than usual, because of the meds and all, but still in incredibly high spirits and making some of the most hilarious jokes that you've ever heard.

It's definitely been a learning curve for us, but like I always say.... we got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment