Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Victoria obviously doesn't have that many secrets.

Yesterday was my first foray into Victoria's Secret.

While I've been in there a couple of times, I've never been "measured" to find out what my actual "size" was (I've never had a cleavage problem.... until now). And to say that I was not a fan would be an understatement.

(Not a fan of the "sizing" part, fan of the store, just to be clear).


Don't get me wrong, the girl that helped me was extremely helpful and nice, and it really does help to have an accurate size in mind instead of wandering around trying to throw out your best guess. But.... I'm not exactly comfortable with people seeing me naked, half naked, or even in a low cut top (yeah, being a teenager was fun), so the fact that someone seen me without a shirt and had to "adjust me" to make sure everything was accurate was mortifying.

I know that in this day and age women are celebrating their bodies and all of this is nothing more than my own issue in my head, but I am not one of those girls and while I say kudos to the ones that are, and I'm happy for them.... GIVE ME MY SHIRT AND LOOK AWAY.

And while this is all my own personal issue and someday I might "overcome" it and be comfortable in my own skin.... I don't foresee that happening and now that one more person has seen me half naked I need to go drink until I forget it (which coincidentally is how a couple other people have seen me half naked).

With all of that being said, just know, the VS employee knew that I was extremely uncomfortable and tried her best to help the situation.

VS Employee: "Darlin.... you're really uncomfortable, aren't you?"
Me: "That obvious, huh?!"
VS Employee: "On a scale of one to ten, how uncomfortable are you right now?!"
Me: "You see this tshirt?!" *VSE nods* "I would put two more on if I had them."
VSE: "Well, I just needs to adjust this a little bit more and then we'll have your 100% accurate size and it'll be over with."
ME: "The last time a girl stuck her hand this far down my shirt she got punched in the mouth."

*both of us ended up laughing (despite my discomfort), because I am nothing if not sarcastic and joke at inappropriate times*

No comments:

Post a Comment