Tuesday, October 31, 2017

When you crush the soul of a child.

Well, not a child, but a teenager. That makes it much better.... right?!

I woke up the morning after Halloween sick (with a seasonal cold) and with a charlie horse in my left leg. Of course, life goes on and the older you get the more dumb things you seem to have to deal with. And then I walked outside to get in my car and head to work.... and it was snowing. Because of course it was. It's all good, we didn't get enormous amounts of snow or anything, moreso just one of those "ugh" moments.

Instead of letting this "ruin my entire life" and being a constant Debbie Downer, I remembered the conversation I had the night before with a teenager and it made me laugh. Sometimes, it's the little things.

*in the final moments of handing out candy with Uncle D on Halloween 2017*

Teenage Boy: "trick or treat. I want candy.... and your soul"

Me: "yeah, you're just getting the candy, I sold my soul YEARS ago"

TB: "then I want your life"

Me: "sweet! you can also have my anxiety, debt, and muscle spasms"

TB: "..... what did you sell your soul for all those years ago, my pretty?!"

Me: "a fifth of whiskey, pack of Newports, bacon cheeseburger, and sweet tea.... the first time"

TB:"....... uh...... yeah, that actually sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Happy Halloween"

Me: "Happy Halloween"

No comments:

Post a Comment