Sunday, October 29, 2017

My thoughts on the second season of Stranger Things (ST2). (Part I).

*The second season of Stranger Things dropped on Netflix October 19, 2017..... and wow.

And of course, I watched the first six episodes within the first weekend, but had to take an emotional break after that. Just kidding, I watched the first six episodes, but with us staying with my aunt/uncle right now, you kind of can't binge-watch like I usually do, because rude. BUT they're pretty cool, so I can moderately binge-watch and live vicariously through the fictional world.

If you want to know about the first season: How an 80s show in the new millennium blew my mind.

*When terrifying supernatural forces once again begin to affect Hawkins, they realize Will's disappearance was only the beginning. And so, the adventure continues....*


Episode One (Chapter Nine): Madmax

Official Synopsis: "As the town preps for Halloween, a high-scoring rival shakes things up in the arcade, and a skeptical Hopper inspects a field of rotting pumpkins. Will keeps experiencing visions and having "episodes."

My thoughts: *October 28, 1984* Umm.... who are these criminals and how are they connected to our kids?! Dude, that chick just caused a visionary rockslide with her mind and she has a "008" on her arm.... WTF?!

I love that all of the kids are collecting coins and trying to keep their high scores at the Arcade. It's also nice to see that no matter how much they went through last year, Mike and Nancy are still asshole siblings to each other. *all the laughing tears* Poor Will, he will forever be having these dumbass visions of the Upside Down. How has this been happening for a year and he isn't insane yet?! Hopper dealing with conspiracy theorist Murray Bauman is what I am here for, people. Ugh, I don't want to be "that person" but all of those rotten pumpkins in that town CANNOT be a coincidence. Annddd..... Nancy and Steve are still together *eye roll* Who's this tool in the muscle car? Oh, come on, you can't give him that hair and expect me to take him seriously. SEAN ASTIN!! I love Sean Astin..... Sean Astin making out with Winona Ryder is strange, but I can deal with it. At least he's trying to spend family time with the Byers' (as kids at school are calling Will "zombie boy" and Jonathan is still pining for Nancy.... and Nancy is staring all longingly at him). Oh.... "MadMax" is that new little girl. Makes sense. Barb's parents are still looking for her? Poor people.... yeah Nancy, I would feel guilty too. I mean, she disappeared, because you just HAADDD to bang Steve. Ok, it wasn't 100% your fault, but I mean, COME ON. How am I liking Steve more than Nancy at this point? Aw, Mike is still breaking my heart. Like, somebody get this kid a puppy or something. Damn, Mike's pining for El just as bad a year later and we can't even get a text back. Of course, shady shit is still happening at Hawkins Lab. HOW DOES THIS TOWN NOT KNOW THIS?!! Hey Hopper, you living in the woods now?! Cool, cool. Wait.... what?! You've adopted El?!!! YYEEESSSS.

Episode Two (Chapter Ten): The Boy Who Came Back to Life: Trick or Treat Freak

Official Synopsis: "After Will sees something terrible on trick-or-treating night, Mike wonders if Eleven is still out there. Nancy wrestles with the truth about Barb."

My thoughts: *flashbacks of Eleven escaping the Upside Down and crying for Mike*

Aww.... El escaped and went back to Mike, but had to run to save herself and him?! And he had to watch her leave not once, but TWICE (once at school, once through the window)? I call bullshit. These kids as the Ghostbusters is everything and more. Too bad I can't convince Dani to dress up for Halloween at work.... we would make awesome Ghostbusters! So, Nancy is still dating Steve, but trying to also be friends with Jonathan whom she's secretly in love with? Girl, I like your follow through, but that shit will crack eventually. *fast forward to Halloween party that Nancy gets wasted at* Huh, that took less time than I expected. Damn, I didn't like Steve last season, but I am feeling for him this season. Like, that was some harsh shit, Nancy. Annddd.... of course Jonathan is there to take her home and tuck her in. THREE CHEERS FOR JONATHAN BYERS. I really hate this Billy kid.... he's too damn creepy even for me. So, the guys are all dressing as the Ghostbusters and El wants to go trick-or-treating as a ghost?! Classic. Damn Hopper, I understand you wanna keep her safe, but that girl wants to go out. Will having another "episode" and Mike comforting him by taking him home and talking about El is too damn sweet. Is it just me or is Mike hating on the new girl trying to inadvertently replace El how we're all feeling right now?! El "visits" Mike in her subconscious?! ALL. THE. TEARS. Dustin.... what's that in your trashcan?!

Episode Three (Chapter Eleven): The Pumpkin Patch: The Pollywog

Official Synopsis: "Dustin adopts a strange new pet, and Eleven grows increasingly impatient. A well-meaning Bob urges Will to stand up to his fears."

My thoughts: *flashback of Hopper finding and taking in a homeless/scared/hungry/cold El*

Let's just all agree that Bob "the Brain" is a small treasure and so much better than Lonnie. I mean, he's not Hopper, but he's Sean Astin and let's just all be thankful. Afterall, you can't really be "true to the 80s" if you don't include Sean Astin somewhere. Bob, sweetie, I know that the whole "facing your fears" thing is legit advice, but knowing these kids, that is HORRIBLE advice. So, let me get this straight.... you choose Steve over Jonathan last season dumbass, and you tell Steve that everything about him and your relationship is bullshit while you're drunk as shit, and then you recruit Jonathan to help you on your mission? All while still claiming to be "with" Steve? Nancy, girl, damn. Dustin, I appreciate you thinking this thing is all cute and giving him a cute name and all, BUT that thing is clearly a slug and probably baby Demogorgon and YOU NEED TO ABORT THIS MISSION NOW. El telekinetically knocking Max off of her skateboard, because she thinks she is flirting with Mike is literally every single one of us in middle school. Except I didn't have telekinetic powers, BUT IF I DID. I love that Winona Joyce has just accepted the insane that is her life and found an image on Mikey's Samwise Gamgee's Bob's camera from Will's vision. I wish I was half as talented at anything as this family is with crayons. *laughing* Of course Dart escaped. Of course Will finds it. Wow.... that whole Will "confronting his fears" thing went even worse than what I thought it would. That seizure is TERRIFYING.

Episode Four (Chapter Twelve): The Palace: Will the Wise

Official Synopsis: "An ailing Will opens up to Joyce- with disturbing results. While Hopper digs for the truth, Eleven unearths a surprising discovery."

My thoughts: *Joyce looking for Will at the school and Mike finding him and him scaring everybody is essentially just their lives now*

What in the Sam Hill is going on in the Upside Down?! It's somehow even more confusing this year than it was last year. What is pouring into Will?! Can somebody get this kid a doctor that isn't a 100% quack-a-doodle?! Of course, El is all teenage angst and Hopper is mad at her for sneaking out. Dude, having teenage angst would have totally been better if you had her powers to back that shit up. You DID NOT pull that shit at my house. Nancy, honey, did you really think that you could call Barb's mom and be all crazy and cryptic and y'all weren't gonna get swarmed with some crazy scientist/conspiracy people?! Jonathan totally seen this coming. Annddd.... now you're kidnapped. Wait, that was y'alls plan all along?! NICE. See, you two definitely make a good team (#jancy). So, Will can just draw some squiggly lines and Hopper automatically knows they're the pumpkin vines?! This. Moments like this are why I love this show so damn much. Max, I get that your brother is a dick (I am seriously over that guy), but you don't understand why the boys are being so cryptic. Don't be so crazy. El is gonna find some shit about Terry Ives and go find her.... told you. Oh hell, Dustin I told you Dart was a baby demogorgon.... RUNNN!!! Of course Hopper is gonna fall into a tunnel to the Upside Down. Because Hopper can't f*cking win.

No comments:

Post a Comment