Friday, January 19, 2018

LaCroix.... yeah, that's definitely gonna be a no for me.

I should know better than to try and replace something that I love in my life with something that I'm unsure of.

You see, I'm basically the essential guide to "old and set in her ways" without actually being old. I'm only twenty-seven (twenty-eight next month) and while that's not a teenager, it's still fairly young. Let me say it again, I'M YOUNG, DAMMIT.

Recently I've decided that it would probably be a good idea to try and make tiny changes to maybe make myself either be a little bit healthier, or at the very least, feel a little bit healthier. It's not one of those "resolution" type of things, as I started thinking about it long before the new year.

I don't want to make any big changes or anything, because I basically like everything that I already do, eat, say, etc., but I thought a couple of small changes couldn't hurt.

The biggest small change (shut up, it's a thing) that I've been rolling around in my head is that I should cut out soda from my life. Now listen, I know that doesn't sound like a huge change, BUT I love soda. Granted, I'm not picky about what I drink by any means and I love many other beverages, but the fact that soda is my go-to is just a plain fact.

I'm not sure what it is about soda, but I'm assuming that it's all of the deliciousness smooshed into a can or bottle (or soda fountain!).... and maybe it has crack in it and we just don't know it yet?!!?!

I heard somewhere that if you're trying to give up soda that replacing it with flavored sparkling water was a great way to help, because it combines two things that most people miss with soda: flavoring (alot of people don't like the taste of "plain" water) and carbonation.

With that in mind, when I went to the grocery store yesterday I went ahead and picked up a pack of LaCroix flavored sparkling water (cherry lime). I let it stay in the fridge for hours, because I figured it would be better cold and then I cracked a can of it open.... and almost puked.

Y'all, I don't know if it's the brand, the flavor, the fact that it's sparkling water or what, but it was DISGUSTING. It tastes like when you get a coke out of the fountain with ice and there's only carbonation and no flavoring in it and when you drink it you want to puke. And that's really surprising to me, because I've seen people rave about this stuff over and over again (hence the idea of trying it in the first damn place.... y'all are liars and I don't know how you can like it!).

I didn't even finish the can I opened, I actually took two sips and poured that shit down the drain. Now, I have seven cans (they come in an eight pack) that I'm just going to have to get rid of, because I'm not drinking it and try to find something else to replace soda. (Says the girl that's drinking a coke right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment