Friday, February 23, 2018

I watched the second season of Breaking Bad.... finally.

Almost a year ago, I watched the first season of Breaking Bad and shared my opinions on it. (And my general confusion).

One year later, here I am again, to talk about the second season. And no, I didn't delay writing about it for a year.... I literally delayed watching the second season for an entire year. Not because I don't like it (I think it's awesome!), but because I have a tiny attention span.... and by that, I mean I share a tv and can't just force someone to watch whatever I want 24/7 (boo!).

A year and a half ago, I made a list with the five shows that I wanted to get around to watching/finishing and on that list among other things were The Walking Dead (that I've literally been trying to watch/finish for like four years) and.... Breaking Bad.

I haven't even attempted the other three (The Man in the High Castle, Vikings- even though I did watch the first season, and Outlander).

Even though I know alot about the show and things that happen to the characters throughout the second season (the show ended in 2013 and was one of the highest ranking Dramas EVER), I still don't think that I was prepared for some of it. I mean, hearing about something and then seeing it (re-enactment or not) is a whole other ballgame.

The things that I knew: Walt would go into a sort of "remission." Jesse's girlfriend Jane would die of an overdose (with Walt watching it happen). And, Skylar would leave Walt for however long.

The things I knew that I wasn't prepared for: Jesse's girlfriend Jane dying of an overdose (with Walt watching it happen). Watching that scene isn't what got to me (even though- damn, brutal), BUT it was actually Jesse finding Jane/trying to help her/his reaction to the whole thing that got me.

There is definitely a reason that Aaron Paul won three Emmys for this role!

Aside from that, Walt is definitely losing his grip (and only Bryan Cranston can look badass with a bald head and wearing a bright pink sweater vest), Jesse is in some kind of hippie dippy rehab/enlightenment(?) center, Jane's dad definitely should not have been directing traffic let alone air traffic with how distraught he was (how did no one at his company not realize this was a HORRIBLE idea?!), and I literally thought Skylar was NEVER going to have that damn baby.

In February 2017 I watched the first season of this show.... February 2018 I watched the second season. Hopefully, I won't wait until 2019 to catch up on the third. But with me, you never know. Afterall.... it's been over four years for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment