Friday, March 9, 2018

Danielle has a new color-coordinated system in place and I'm going with it.

Today is finally Friday and Dani and I have done no less than four dances (albeit, TERRIBLE dances) to celebrate.

Y'all, it's just been one of those weeks. And I think you all know what "one of those weeks" means. It means that it's been long, exhausting, we were in a state of general confusion, were convinced that all day Thursday was in fact Friday (and extremely irritated once we realized that wasn't true), and people are extra annoying.

Not to mention I had to take a "personal" day on Tuesday to handle some business downtown and somehow threw my week off by at least three days. Dude, how in the hell do you take one day off and it feels like you worked an additional three? That is math that doesn't quite add up and I call bullshit.

Anyways, I have mentioned here and there that we have made some changes (and by "we" I mean Danielle has wanted to reform everything and I go along with it, because she's my boss and I don't have energy to argue.... plus, they're all really good and effective changes) and at times we've been at our wits ends. In fact, there have been days where we've wanted to jump out the window.

But, she finished developing one change today and I have to say, it may be my favorite yet. And it's not my favorite, because of any particular reason, except HOW she came up with this system.

You see, at our company we have three(3) Project Managers and we have to keep in line all threes separated billing. And while that doesn't seem like a big undertaking, let me just go ahead and let you in on the fact that our company was founded in 1966 (we do all commercial work and usually it's Hospitals, Government, and Museums) and has NEVER had a system for that.... until the last couple of years.

We've been learning as we go and it has been quite the process.

For one particular area of it, Dani has decided to color coordinate our three different Project Managers and finished her "development" of it this morning.... Roger is blue, Steve is red, and Chris is green. Seems simple enough, right? Oh, it is. It's going to be a very easy system to deal with, maybe the easiest one yet. Now would you like to know how she decided to pick the colors and why she chose them for the easiest way for her and I to remember it?

Roger is blue.... because Roger usually wears a blue shirt. Steve is red.... because his hair is "practically" red. And Chris is green.... because that's his favorite color. I. Shit. You. Not. Once she told me this and I laughed she said, "yeah, it seems silly, but now you'll never forget it!" And she's right.... it's too damn hilarious to me to forget!

Here's to the weekend. Cheers, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment