Sunday, March 25, 2018

I watched the third season of Breaking Bad.... finally.

Y'all, in February 2017 I watched the first season of Breaking Bad (and asked what the f*ck about ten thousand times).

A year later, in February of 2018, I finally watched the second season. (And no, I don't know why I waited an entire year, but it kind of just happened).

Since I didn't mean to wait an entire year between seasons one and two, I figured that season three would just come as it may. And it did.... and now I'm on episode three of season four.

The show is intense to say the least and I catch myself saying "wtf?!" at least four times an episode. Some of the situations those two get themselves into (and even the "secondary" characters for that matter), is just amazing.... and sometimes, downright hilarious.

They are literally the worst criminals in the entire world and the only reason they haven't been caught is because Hank (Walt's DEA brother-in-law) is too hell bent on his "Pinkman" theory to see all of the other evidence that's right in front of his damn face. I mean, come on, dude!

With all the shit that goes down in the show, it feels kind of dumb to say they're only getting by on "pure luck" but honestly, it's the truth. There's no other explanation.

The season starts off right in the midst of the aftermath of the plane crash.... that conveniently happened, because the guy who was controlling its daughter (aka- JANE MARGOLIS) overdosed and died a couple of weeks prior. Also, who let's someone come back to a job that important after something so traumatic happens? Jesse, of course, feels nothing but guilt and sadness (he should change his middle name to that with a  hyphen), and Walt is finding every bit of reasoning to justify his actions and tell himself that none of this was his fault. Afterall, Jane was a junkie, right? Yeah.... I don't think that's how a conscience works.

Did anybody honestly think that Walt was going to turn down that kind of money from Gus? Of course not, Walt LOVES money. But, you know what I think what Walt loves even more than money, or family, or anything really is.... power.

I'm not a huge Skylar fan, but the fact that she's conniving enough to be Walt's wife is a given. Those two most definitely belong together. I mean, who else is going to be able to keep up with all of the shadiness if not those two? That whole Skylar affair thing? Dumb. Like, that little dude was ever going to be "dangerous" enough for Skylar. NICE TRY, TED. She used him right to her advantage. What's that old saying? Played him like a fiddle.... yeah, that's it!

And could Jesse give less of a shit after he gets out of rehab? Who in the hell trades drugs for gasoline with a cop standing right behind them?! Although, him accidentally getting Badger and Skinny Pete into rehab is hilarious. And that whole tricking his parents into selling him the house through Saul for a low price through blackmail? I have to say, that was probably my favorite. Sure, his parents have been through alot with him and I'm sure that eventually you get cold and distant after helping someone multiple times that doesn't want to help themselves and keeps screwing you over. And if this was real life, I'm sure I would be 157% on their side.... but, this a is a show, not real life. Therefore, I think they suck and I'm Team Jesse. Bitch.

Speaking of Jesse, is he just going to continuously get his ass kicked? That boy takes more asswhoopings than any person that I have ever see in my entire life. It kind of reminds me of my old friend Lynn. While it did give me one of my favorite interactions of Jesse this season (Orderly: "I'm sorry sir, if you want to smoke you have to be at least ten feet from the hospital entrance" Jesse: "So, roll me further, bitch"), it also seemed to be a happy moment for Jesse since he got to see Hank come in knocking on heaven's door. So.... kind of cold but also understandable? Maybe?

Side note: When Hank got the call that people were coming for him in literally one minute, he sat in his car in that parking lot just looking around.... knowing he didn't have a gun. Why didn't he drive off? Sure, that wouldn't have stopped those people from coming for him, but it would have given him one hell of an advantage. He could have got a weapon and defended himself with ease, since he knew they were coming, but they didn't know that he knew. He may be the worst DEA agent on the (fictional) planet. And being an asshole to his wife because of it? Ugh, I want to punch him in the face, it's not her fault.

I knew as soon as Walt started working at that "super lab" that he was gonna get Jesse back in there with him. You can't tell it through all of the shitty things he does and says to Jesse, but I think deep down in there, past all of the evil and hatefulness, that he truly does love Jesse. And Jesse obviously loves him.... afterall, he went against everything that he believes in to shoot an innocent guy (well, as innocent as a meth manufacturer can be, #RIPGale) in the face to save Walt's life.

No wonder people thought this show was so fierce.... it's damn emotional at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment