Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Cheyann Shaw inspires me.... and she should you too.

I love Instagram. Probably far more than I should, but I do. You can find some of the most interesting people on various forms of social media and I usually get a laugh or two daily. Also, you can "follow" people and while it sounds like stalking, it's not really stalking, because THOSE PEOPLE KNOW AND ACCEPT IT.

I follow quite a few different people for all sorts of different reasons, but I ran across a gal a couple of months back and started following her for one simple reason: she inspires me. She's a fitness enthusiast and while I'm assuming that's how alot of people found her, that's not the reason she inspires me.

No, not at all (even though it's damn impressive what she can do!). You see, along with being a fitness enthusiast, she is also a Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer Survivor.... all at the age of twenty-four.


But, most of all, those are just things on a list that come with her as she is not only a fitness enthusiast, and not just a cancer survivor, but she is also a real life person going through everyday struggles.... struggles that most find overwhelming.... and she refuses to give up on her faith and positivity.

We all complain about tiny things throughout our days (I think the kids are calling it "first world problems"?), and there are times where it feels like no matter what you do or say or think, you just can't win. But, for the most part, we can all take a minute (and deep breath), have a drink (or six), and reevaluate to try and figure out what we can do to make it all "better" (or at the very least, "tolerable").

I can't imagine going through something like what she has/does. Being on the opposite side of something so horrible and watching your loved one go through it is terrifying enough, but yourself? I don't even know how you would begin to process something like that. Having had a cancer scare of sorts myself a few years ago (of the ovarian nature), and knowing what I had to do and the things that still affect my body/everyday life (not to mention the constant paranoia and doctor's visits), it's an entirely indescribable feeling. But, she takes it all, a day at a time, and refuses to give up on herself. She does it all with a smile and a little hope and perseverance.

And if that doesn't inspire you, then nothing will. Go follow her here and watch her rock that shit on a daily basis. #CheyStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment