Friday, August 31, 2018

2018 films. (Part II).

I started a tradition back at the end of 2016 suggesting all of my favorite films that I would recommend that I had viewed throughout the year. This evolved into three consecutive lists in 2017, detailing the movies that I viewed (spanning four months at a time), which ones were my favorites, and the ones I would steer clear of again.

I figured I would keep that tradition going, because believe it or not I actually enjoy doing it. Is everyone good with that? I mean, I'm gonna do it either way, but sometimes I like to pretend like I'm not 100% an asshole and ask.... you know, care about other people's opinions and such. Or, something like that, except not really.

Speaking of catching up: Catch up: from 2016.

Catch up from 2017: Part IPart IIPart III.

Catch up with 2018: Part I.



Tagging onto April: While I watched a movie on the very last day of April, I had already written my first post (Part I) and didn't want to "amend" it. So, I figured I would just tell y'all about it here. The movie was: The Greatest Showman and HOLY HELL it was SO good. Like, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street will forever be my very favorite musical.... BUT this one is AMAZING. (And can we all just go ahead and admit that badass Zendaya and Keala Settle are the BEST part of this whole movie?!.... even though they're all so great!) The guy that this is based on (PT Barnum) might have been a POS in real life, but he's only kind of a POS in the movie. I definitely wasn't disappointed.  

May's films: The Lego Batman Movie, Pixels.

My favorite: There's no doubt about it.... The Lego Batman Movie.  I'm not gonna lie, I am a HUGE Adam Sandler fan, BUT I laughed so damn hard while watching the TLBM that there's absolutely no way I can't pick that one as my favorite. Besides, I've learned I basically have the personality of LB, so I'm going with it. Least favorite of the month: By default.... Pixels. Don't get me wrong, I liked it (there are very few Adam Sandler movies I don't like), but it just didn't crack me up like the other.

May's rewatched from years gone by: Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I.

June's films: The Kissing Booth.

My favorite: Not many to choose from, huh? No worries.... The Kissing Booth was adorable and pretty damn funny (albeit, a romcom through and through). Least favorite of the month: Please, I would hardly count either of the movies I watched this month as the "least favorite." They're both hilarious in their own right.... and I mean, Deadpool is so cool he got a sequel.

June's rewatched from years gone by: Deadpool (although I was sick with an upper respiratory infection and on heavy meds the first time I watch this and couldn't fully appreciate it and how hilarious it is).

July's films: Hotel Transylvania, The Strangers: Prey at Night, Friday the 13th, Father of the Year, Cave.

My favorite: While I don't know what it says about me as a person.... The Strangers: Prey at Night. The original movie freaked me the hell out when I watched it (to the point of freaking out at night when I was out with my friends for awhile), and I gotta say, I really liked the sequel too. Least favorite of the month: This one is easy.... Cave. It wasn't a "terrible" movie, but it's not something that I would recommend or want to watch again.

July's rewatched from years gone by: Broken Arrow, Interview with the Vampire, Van Helsing, Without a Paddle.

August's films: The Package, The Collector, Deadpool 2, Mother Krampus, Marrowbone.

My favorite: It's alot harder to pick a favorite out of these than what I would think it would be, but I'm gonna go with.... Deadpool 2. And I say that, because I laughed throughout literally the entire movie. The Collector comes in at a close second though! Least favorite of the month: Definitely.... Mother Krampus. I just wasn't a big fan of this one and only finished it, because it was too late to start a different one.

August's rewatched from years gone by: Mindhunters, Baywatch.

Documentaries watched: Touched by Auschwitz, I Am a Killer, Inside the Criminal Mind.

Tv series I've finished: Hawaii Five-0 (SE1-SE6), The Ranch (P5), Shameless (SE1-5), Breaking Bad (SE4), American Horror Story (SE3: Coven).

Tv series still on my (Netflix) queue: Shameless (I'll never get to finish this one), Hawaii Five-0 (because I watch it randomly always), Breaking Bad (there's only a couple episodes of the last season left and I can't seem to get through it), The Walking Dead (will I ever make it past the fifth season of this?!), Supernatural, That 70s Show, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy (because I'll always want to rewatch it), Van Helsing, Friends, The Originals, Slasher, Young & Hungry, Stranger Things (bring out S3 already!!!), The Sinner, The Vampire Diaries, Bates Motel (still 1.5 seasons to finish!), Blue Bloods, Gotham, Penny Dreadful, New Girl, Santa Clarita Diet (bring out S3 already!!), Longmire, Riverdale (I'm totally gonna start S2 of this soon.... probably), The Punisher, The Mist, Fuller House (still caught up, just waiting for the next season), The Blacklist, The Night Shift (I've see all but the series finale), Spartacus, Bitten, Lost Girl, The End of the F*cking World, The Following, The Last Kingdom, Grace & Frankie (all caught up, just waiting for the next season), Haven, Frontier, Taken, Hart of Dixie, Merlin.  

Tv series still on my (Hulu) queue: Bones, Blue Bloods, Cake Wars, Vikings, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I've literally seen every single episode of this like fifteen times, but continue to just rewatch them all!), Blindspot, The Good Doctor, Lucifer, Rizzoli & Isles, Drunk History, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Freakish, Beyond Scared Straight, Hoarders (we all know I'm a hoarder!), Cupcake Wars, Unsolved Mysteries (nothing scared me more throughout my entire childhood than this guy telling me all about the bad shit happening and how it was never solved), The Path, Fear the Walking Dead, Harlots, Castle Rock, My Strange Addiction, Black Sails, Outsiders, The Shield, Deadliest Catch, Preacher, The Musketeers, Flavor of Love, Nightwatch.

Stand-up watched: John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City, Kevin Hart: What Now?, Ralphie May: Imperfectly Yours, Ralphie May: Unruly.

No comments:

Post a Comment