Tuesday, April 25, 2017

2017 films. (Part I).

We're only four (almost five) months into 2017 and I have already watched a plethora of really good films. While I did a recap of my favorite films of 2016, I thought that I would make it a bit easier on myself (ha!) and try to recap as the year went on.... and on some more and a little bit more. Or, something like that.

And I know that no one really cares about my opinion concerning movies.... but then again, never once has someone not caring about my opinion ever stopped me from actually sharing it. Seriously, I can't think of one time. It's that whole word vomit thing.... I try to stop myself (kind of), but somehow it still comes out.

With all of that being said, I give you "The films of (my) 2017.... so far."


Side note: No worries, if I watch a couple more in April after this is published, I'll just tack it onto the next one.... because I do what I want. That, and there's really no telling if I'll watch anymore this month (I probably will).

January's films: Most Likely To Die, Independence Day: Resurgence, Mechanic: Resurrection, Don't Breathe, It Follows, The Magnificent Seven, Deepwater Horizon, This is the End.

My favorite: While I liked most of these movies, (I wasn't a huge fan of Mechanic: Resurrection), and it was a hard choice, I'm gonna have to go with The Magnificent Seven. I really did watch some great ones in January.... Deepwater Horizon was amazing, Independence Day: Resurgence while not as good as the original held it's own, Most Likely To Die was a campy B+ movie that was hilarious (thank you, Perez Hilton), Don't Breathe wasn't what I was expecting, but still good, It Follows creeped me the hell out and I can never watch it again (just like the movie- Contracted), and This is the End was hilarious. Least favorite of the month: Hands down, Mechanic: Resurrection.

January's re-watched from years gone by: The Hangover Trilogy, Rambo, the A-Team.

February's films: Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween, Grease Live!, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Hacksaw Ridge.

My favorite: While I pretty much liked them all, my absolute favorite was Hacksaw Ridge. There is just something about that movie and Andrew Garfield's performance in it that left me affected and in awe for days.... weeks.... and even now. Tyler Perry's Boo! A Madea Halloween is officially my favorite Madea movie in existence- it cracked me up the whole way through, and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back let me continue to live out my eternal love for Tom Cruise (I can't wait to see his new movie- The Mummy- when it comes out). Least favorite of the month: Grease Live! It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the greatest, either.

February's re-watched from years gone by: Rolling Kansas, Ready to Rumble, Where the Heart Is, Black Dog.

March's films: Passengers.

My favorite: I don't really feel the need to tell you that my favorite movie of the month since there literally was only one new one.... but, if you're only going to watch one new movie a month, I would recommend one of them be Passengers. I don't know what people were so butt hurt about when the reviews came out, but I really liked it. Then again, Chris Pratt is my dude. #BrightAbbott4Ever Least favorite of the month: You don't have that problem if you only watch one and it's awesome.

March's re-watched from years gone by: Tenacious D: In the Pick of Destiny, Tremors.

April's films: Patriots Day, Beauty and the Beast (live action), Why Him?, Hatchet, Chernobyl Diaries, Split.

My favorite: While this was a hard choice, because so many of them from this month were great (remember, my opinion, people), I'm gonna have to go with Beauty and the Beast (live action). Why? Because it literally let me relive a piece of my childhood and it was amazing from beginning to end (read my initial excitement here). Patriots Day was amazing and heartbreaking, Why Him? was hilarious and every time I think that James Franco can't make a movie that I'll love more than the last, he proves me wrong, Hatchet was another one of those campy B+ movies that is hilarious to watch at two am when you're kind of drunk, and Chernobyl Diaries was a lot better than I expected (I really liked it and still want to go to the Ukraine). Least favorite of the month: Sadly, I'll have to go with Split on this one, even though I liked it. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but it was still good and a harsh look at the tragedy that there are people out there that suffer with things like DID.

April's re-watched from years gone by: Armageddon.

Documentaries watched: Matt Shepard Is a Friend of Mine, Oklahoma City. Tv Series I've given a go: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (I just keep watching this show over and over.... I love it!), Lethal Weapon (LOVE), The Walking Dead, Fuller House, Santa Clarita Diet, The Ranch, Young & Hungry, Breaking Bad, Drunk History, The Middle (#always), The Following. Stand-up watched: Gabriel Iglesias: I'm Sorry for What I Said When I Was Hungry, Kevin Hart: What Now? Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment