Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 films. (Part III).

Back in April I did a little recap of all the movies that I had watched from January-April. Then in August I did a recap for movies I watched between May-August. Now here we are in December and I'm finishing off the movies for the year. And while this all started, because I wanted to let people which movies I recommended in 2016, now I just enjoy it and want it to keep rolling, because it's fun for me and even if people don't read it at this point, that has never stopped me before.

DON'T BE MAD ABOUT IT, BRO.

Also, are people still calling each other and other people "bro"? Is that still a thing?! I don't think it is, but I'm not usually on the "up and up" when it comes to slang and/or trends, so I may be way off base on this one. The point is, I'm finishing off my list of "The films of my 2017." And yes, I'll probably continue this shit come 2018. 



Side note: No worries, if I watch a couple more in December after this is published, I'll just tack it onto the next one.... because I do what I want. That, and there's really no telling if I'll watch anymore this month (I probably will) with a couple days left and a four day weekend for me.

September's films: So.... I didn't watch any new films in September. I know, that's legitimately unheard of for me, but with all the uprooting/moving that took place that month, along with all the other shit that was going on, it got away from me. I started watching The Mummy (2017), but had to stop not even midway through, because my hearing was off (I have hearing problems). 

My favorite: I guess since I didn't watch anything new in September, I will just choose my favorite/least favorite from the "rewatched movies" on my list for this month. This is a hard choice to make, but.... I think my favorite is going to have to go to Deep Blue Sea. There is just something so terrifying to me about that one (I've discussed my irrational fears- sharks included before) and I've watched it easily fifty times. Least favorite of the month: I'm gonna go with.... The Ruins. While I like it, it's just not as fantastic as the other ones. And it certainly doesn't beat a Kyle Gallner movie (The Haunting in Connecticut) for me.

September's rewatched from years gone by: The Ruins, John Carpenter's Vampires, The Haunting in Connecticut, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Deep Blue Sea. 

October's films: The Mummy (2017), The Reaping, Harvest Moon (Hallmark), The Rite, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, The Do Over, A Heavenly Christmas (Hallmark).

*October was a very strange month.... with going from staying with Aunt Mary to staying with Aunt Poot and Uncle D, things were a little whackado. The fact that I watched so many new movies (and some of my old faves) is actually kind of impressive.*

My favorite: I'm gonna have to go with The Mummy (2017). Don't get me wrong, I definitely have to rewatch it to fully grasp it (and several others), but what I did get to pay attention to, I loved it. It's no 1999 version, but then again, it isn't supposed to be. Least favorite of the month: I hate to say it, but.... The Rite. I feel like it was a good concept and the actors are clearly talented, but there was just something in the entire execution that didn't do it for me.

October's rewatched from years gone by: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, The Faculty, Boo: A Madea Halloween.

November's films: Baywatch, A Gift to Remember (Hallmark), Trolls, Darkness Rising, The Christmas Train (Hallmark), Smurfs: The Lost Village.

My favorite: There were a couple of really good ones (and a few not so good ones) this month. I think for my favorite I'm gonna have to go with.... Baywatch. I really had no immediate interest in it, I figured I'd catch it sooner or later, buy my brother talked me into watching it and it was HILARIOUS. Least favorite of the month: I'm gonna go with.... Darkness Rising on this one. I mean, I usually like "B-" movies, especially the ones they offer on Netflix, but this one just wasn't good for me. I found it slow and too random to piece together and make a good story. I didn't even finish the last couple of minutes.

November's rewatched from years gone by: Men in Black, London Has Fallen, The Hateful Eight, Four Brothers, Practical Magic, The Mummy (2017), White Christmas, Taxi.

*the 51st CMA Awards were on the 8th of this month and Aunt Poot and I watched them (and I proceeded to get her liquored up on two bottles of wine).*

December's films: about 1/2 of CHIPS (I rented it from Redbox and the disc was corrupt so it cut off about halfway through), Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

My favorite: Even if we would've gotten to finish CHIPS I know that it wouldn't have beaten.... Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I LOVED the Kingsman sequel (excluding the parts where some of my favorites died) and laughed uncontrollably the entire time. Taron Egerton cracks me the hell up. Least favorite of the month: Including the ones that I've already seen and rewatched I'm going to have to give this one to.... CHIPS. I know it's probably completely unfair since I only got to see about 1/2 of it, but I can always amend in later posts. In defense of the movie, it had nothing to do with Dax Shepard and Michael Pena, because I love those two.

December's rewatched from years gone by: Scream 4, Hairspray, about 1/2 of A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010), Terminator: Salvation.

Documentaries watched: I haven't watch any documentaries lately (I know, unheard of), but does it count that I've had "Making a Murderer" on my queue for like two years and still haven't watched it? No? Alrighty then.

Tv series I've finished: Vice Principals (S1), Fuller House (S3), Stranger Things (S2), The Ranch (S3-S4), Godless, Dog & Beth: Fight of Their Lives, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (S12 twice + all of the other random episodes).

Tv series still on my queue: That 70s Show, Peaky Blinders, Shameless, The Punisher, Baby Daddy (I've been putting off watching the last three episodes, because I'm sad they cancelled it), Breaking Bad, Young & Hungry, Dexter, The Walking Dead, The Blacklist, American Horror Story, The Mist, The killing, The Following, Supernatural, Bates Motel, Spartacus, Penny Dreadful, iZombie, The Originals, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Merlin, Haven, New Girl, Friends, Salem, Bitten, Criminal Minds, Lost Girl, Being Human, Burn Notice, and The Borgias.

Stand-up watched: Jeff Dunham: Relative Disaster, Norm MacDonald: Hitler's Dog-Gossip&Trickery, Rodney Carrington: Here Comes the Truth, Ralphie May: Unruly (#RIPRalphie), Rodney Carrington: Laughter's Good, Ron White: A Little Unprofessional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment