Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Our water heater has been out of commission since last Thursday.

Ok, I don't want to be one of "those people" but I'm gonna go ahead and say it....

F*CK 2019. F*ck it. The whole f*cking thing. It can eat a bag of dicks.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_____________________________________

I officially have to leave work today (for an extended lunch), so that I can meet a fourth person at my house to try and see if we will ever get to have hot water again. (I'm beginning to doubt that we ever will and I kind of just want to scream very loudly).

That's right. A FOURTH PERSON.

Last Thursday, I noticed our water heater was acting a little wonky, but assumed the pilot light had gone out, as they're prone to do. So, on Friday I relit the pilot light and.... nothing. I had to call a repairman to come out (no easy feat to accomplish on Easter weekend) on Saturday and he had to order a part.... that didn't come in until yesterday. So needless to say, once I got a call yesterday saying that a repairman could be at my house within thirty minutes to fix us up, I was so damn happy.

And then.... happiness short-lived.

The guy switched out our gas valve (the supposed culprit of all our woes), but the pilot light continued to go out and won't stay lit to save the damn queen. I called last night and they said they would send another repairman out this morning. This morning came (Pook went into work later so he could be home for that appointment) and that guy had to call a fourth guy.

[[ Side note: Aunt Poot has been letting us shower at their house (thank y'all!!) and I've been old schooling it and heating up water on the stove to do dishes and such. #IGrewUpPoorSoIKnowWhatsUp #MyMommaDidntRaiseNoPrincess ]]

UPDATE: my "extended lunch" turned out to not be extended at all and we had to order ANOTHER  part to fix this f*cking water heater. Apparently there's a glass vial on the inside of this water heater to make it function, which has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever f*cking heard and it shattered (because duh, of course it did it's f*cking glass squished between metal and mechanical entities). It should be here by tomorrow and installed either in the afternoon or the next day. (The only reason it's being fixed instead of replaced is because all the parts are covered by its warranty). So, we may or may not have a functioning water heater by the weekend.

Or, you know, by the time that I'm f*cking forty or something equally as dramatic as that statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment