Saturday, November 16, 2019

We took all of our pups on an outing.... and it was eventful and expensive.

D and I talked about it and I think we're planning on making our trip to Florida come March. I'm not big on the whole Florida thing (living there for two years did me in, although I'm eternally grateful for meeting D and his family while we lived there and I learned quite a bit about myself), but D misses his family terribly, and I love them too, so we're planning a trip to go down.

We're of course taking our pups with us, because they are my children and the thought of "boarding" them makes me want to cry, so we figured for the trip, it would be a good idea to have them all fitted with the correct harnesses and leads. The only lead we had was a retractable one, that worked great for Tayder while Momma let him out in our old house, but they aren't the best for big pups.

So, we loaded them all up and headed to the PetCo.

Now, when I say that we were getting them all fitted for harnesses and leads, I probably should have also mentioned that I was fairly inebriated and basically everything they looked at, I was convinced they needed and they got it. There's a reason that it's called "puppy eyes" and my boys know how to work my feelings like nobody's business. Seriously, they know exactly what to do and what look to give in order for them to get their every wish and desire from me. And I just chalk it up to "well, they need it, they're my babies" and it probably has gotten me in more trouble than it should have. But, they needed stuff and who am I to deny them their every want and dream? (Ps: I would be a horrible human person mother, because I'm a sucker for my furbabies and my kids would definitely be assholes).

Included but not limited to: two harnesses (Spart had one that fits perfectly), three leads, a cone for Tayder for when he won't quit chewing on himself, a variety of toys and treats, two different kinds of itch spray for Tayder, a pair of dog shoes for me (don't ask), a dog bag for dog paraphernalia.

And probably some other stuff that I can't even remember. Basically, what I'm saying is, my drunk ass spent WAY too much money at that damn pet store, but also all of my babies are happy, so it was also totally worth it? I should probably quit making decisions after two bottles of wine and bottle of Kinky. I'm not going to, but I probably should.

Oh, and D cut his finger open with his knife trying to adjust Xur's harness correctly, and commenced to "bleeding out" in the store. So, you know, good family times.

No comments:

Post a Comment