Monday, November 11, 2019

I think I'm gonna make shepherd's pie and cabbage for dinner.

I have a hard time deciding what to make for dinner most nights. It's not that I'm one of those "indecisive" people when it comes to food, but I try to make/think of things that D will also like to eat. Since he's a pickier eater than I am (he doesn't like mushrooms.... which I love!!), I usually just ask him what he wants, and that's that.

But, every now and then, I think of something I really want and I say screw it, that's what we're eating. To be honest, with my emotions being every which way lately, I've been ordering more takeout than I should, because cooking and then cleaning it up seems like a never-ending chore. Ugh.

Tonight though, I think I have made the decision. I'll run by the store on my way home to pick up dog food and wine (the essentials of my household), and while I'm there, I think I'll pick up the stuff to make shepherd's pie and cabbage. For some reason, I really want some damn cabbage, and since it's rainy and gross outside, shepherd's pie seems like a good choice.

Then again, I desperately need to clean my house, so hopefully I'll get that all done, do a load of laundry (that reminds me, I need to pick up some laundry soap too!), cook supper, and be done by the time D gets home, so we can just gorge on delicious food, booze, and watch movies while cuddling with our dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment