Monday, January 13, 2020

I had the realization that I am that (almost) thirty year old.

Saturday was a real peaceful day. D and my brother both had to work, so it was just me and the pups at home. I ended up cleaning our house, catching up on laundry, setting stuff out for supper to defrost, having some wine, and watching I, Tonya with the pups. It was laid back and relaxing.

Then.... oh, then. When D and my brother got home from work they informed me that they had invited a friend of theirs from work over that evening. I was a little annoyed (because I like being home alone), but decided that if it was one friend then it wouldn't be all that bad. He could just eat supper with us and then they could go into my brother's room and play video games or something and leave me the hell alone.

But, I was very very wrong. You see, one friend of theirs turned into.... one friend and his girlfriend.... and two other friends of said dude. They just all showed up, ranging from the ages of 19-21 and I wanted to pull my f*cking hair out. They were nice enough, but like I said, I like to be home alone.

Have y'all ever been (almost) thirty and hung out with 19-21 year olds? If not, I'm gonna go ahead and let you in on a little secret.... DON'T F*CKING DO IT. I almost had to double up on my anxiety meds. They ended up needing to crash at our house that night (the actual friend had to work the next morning) and then we had to have this conversation:

Me: Well, y'all should probably head home, it's getting pretty late.
Him: It's ten o'clock.
Me: Yeah, but you have to open the store in the morning.
Him: Yeah, but since I open the store and work tomorrow, I only need about an hour of sleep.
Me: Well, I have to work the day after tomorrow and I need to start sleeping for it right now.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep for shit that night (I never do when there are other people in our house) and I was up at six o'clock the next morning cleaning our house. Then, I had to have a day of (almost) thirty by shopping at Sam's Club, sewing, and watching tv while drinking wine. See, now that's how I like my days to go.

Now, here I am back at work on a Monday morning, actually happy that I'm doing some adulting. Sure, I'd rather be at home cleaning and with my pups, but the fact that I'm not surrounded by children (yes, teens/early twenty year olds are considered children by me) is very nice.

I'm going to tell my brother not to be inviting people over anymore like that. Sure, I want them to have fun, but I also want my house calm and in one f*cking piece.... and not smelling like body odor and vomit. Seriously, when did the generation after me decide that showering wasn't a thing? Uck.

And if my brother doesn't listen.... I'm gonna have to punch him in the d*ck.

No comments:

Post a Comment