Thursday, January 9, 2020

I'm trying to have houseplants (they're supposed to help) and I have four.

On my quest for being one of those people that actually has some houseplants, Aunt Susi was sweet enough to bring me a couple of baby spider plants to add to my little collection. ❤️🌿❤️🌿 

I officially have four plants to care for now (two from Aunt Susi + two from our Company Christmas Party a few weeks ago), and I'm trying like hell to keep them alive and well. 

The first two I got were the little trees that Dani had gotten for our Company Christmas Party this year and I ended up taking them home (we give out all decorations at the end of the party every year) and I switched them from the "holiday" pots that they came in to regular pots.

Speaking of Dani.... I guess technically I have five plants if you count the succulus that she had given me months ago (I believe it was around May?). Even though, I don't know what I have done to it and it is more like just a greenish stick at this point?

I'm not sure why I decided that I wanted to start having a couple of plants, because as most people know, I have a black thumb and hate doing yard work.... but, I decided that if they were something I cared for in the house, that I would be ok with it. 

I heard somewhere (or maybe I read it) that having houseplants can be therapeutic? And while I don't know if that's true or not, I figured it was worth a shot. Dogs + houseplants seems like something that would help with your depression and anxiety, right? Hell, maybe not. Maybe I'm just crazy and trying to grab onto anything I can to stay afloat, but it certainly can't make it any worse, so I'm going to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment