Thursday, January 2, 2020

I rang in the "new year" with as little effort as humanly possible.

Everyone that knows me knows that 2019 was just not my year on any level. While there were a couple of "happy moments" (ie: I got engaged, I paid off excessive bills and my Aunt Mary, etc.), there was also alot of nasty things that happened in those twelve months (I lost my Momma, have been battling depression, lost multiple other family members, etc.).

Let's just say, that I wasn't exactly sad to see 2019 go.

But now, here we are in the new year that is 2020, and if I hear one more "vision" joke about it, I'm going to scream. Seriously, with every new year comes jokes and memes and honestly, I kind of miss the days where there was nothing but Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and banging on pots and pans to let you know that the new year had arrived.

I'm not one of those "go out of New Years Eve, get drunk, and party" kind of people. I'm more of a "stay at home, get drunk, and pass out before midnight" kind of people. And, that's exactly what I did. I would love to tell you that I pulled through and kissed my sweetie at midnight, but honestly, I fell asleep somewhere around 11:15 and even though he woke me up, I passed back out before that sparkly bell dropped.

The next day (New Years Day) was spent relaxing at home. D and I were lucky in the fact that we were both off of work, and spent the day watching tv like My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, Zombieland: Double Tap and Joker, making beef jerky, and generally just not doing shit. Just the way I like it and how I run my life. And now, we see what 2020 holds. Good luck, my friends. Let's hope for a better tomorrow than yesterday and all that is and was in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment