Monday, December 30, 2019

I was not ready to come back to work after 5.5 days off.

Have you ever had a bunch of days off of work, but it also feels like you didn't get any rest and need more days off? That's where I'm at today. Not that I'm not glad to be back at work, but it just doesn't feel like I've been gone all that long.

I blame the fact that it's this time of year. It's the week between Christmas and New Years, so everything is off and honestly, I don't think anyone really knows what's happening or what day it is.

Like I said, Christmas was hard this year and I have certainly not been in the best spirits lately. I know I should be trying harder, but I'm trying as hard as what I can force myself to.... and basically that's enough to make me pull myself through the days. Luckily though, I can seem to make myself clean my house, shower regularly, and cook now, so at least that's something.

Also, Dani got these little trees for our Company Christmas Party this year and I ended up taking two of them home (we give out all decorations at the end of the party every year) and I've switched them from "holiday" pots that they came in to regular pots and I'm going to try and keep them alive as my new houseplants. I've heard that having houseplants can be therapeutic? And while I don't know if that's true or not, I figured it was worth a shot.

After we dropped D's dad off at the airport Saturday morning I actually had a fairly productive day. I couldn't get back to sleep once we got home (even though lord knows I tried like hell), so I called and cancelled our cable (something I've been trying to accomplish for a damn month.... they made it harder than it had to be) since we only need the internet (we do streaming with Hulu Live and Netflix), I ran a couple of errands (aka, picked up cleaning supplies), got rid of the Christmas tree/put stuff away, deep cleaned our house, and got caught up on laundry. It was a thoroughly exhausting day, but I felt much better once it was all done. I even cooked dinner that night!

Yesterday I cleaned up (I try to at least spot clean the house everyday) and spent the rest of the day drinking wine, making jerky, snuggling with my pups, making jerky, and watching Vikings.

I got D a meat slicer and dehydrator for Christmas and we decided that we would experiment with some different kinds. Between us and my brother I think we came up with somewhere around seven different flavors, and out of those seven, I only dislike three of them. The best kinds (in my opinion) are D's invention that we call Dale's Crushed Red Pepper and my invention that I have named Desperado (because it's a play on a carne asada/mexican jerky). They're just so damn good. We prepped some more last night for me to start when I get home from work today and I think my brother's might turn out to be delicious (it's a bbq). At some point, I'm also going to try and dehydrate some of my own fruit. We shall see how this goes.

So yeah, that's where I'm at this week. Basically, all over the place and confused, but just trying to pull through (and I'm off again on Wednesday, because New Years). Also, that show Vikings? Addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment