Sunday, July 19, 2020

I did some serious grocery shopping the Friday before last.

Y'all, with COVID-19 running rampant and everything going on in the world, to say that I try to avoid going to the grocery store, or any public place when not required, would be a small understatement. Therefore, I try to go only where I have to when I absolutely have to.

Afterall, I have to pay for my house (as does everyone with their own) and my way of thinking is, if I'm already paying for it, why not stay in it?! At it?! You know what I mean. I love being at my house with my pups and just chilling. For alot of years, I ran around crazy like a chicken with my head cut off. I've been working since a little before I was fifteen, I took care of Momma since that time, and we also took care of Grammy for years. And I wouldn't change any of that. Not a single thing. But, I'd be lying if I said I was struggling with the transition of doing so much to not as much these days.

My job is steady with the same hours every week, and while I still have loads of stress and anxiety, I also find that my house is my safezone. Surrounded by my pups and D, that's where I feel the most at peace. I say all of this to basically tell you that I'm a hermit. An eighty-nine year old man inside a thirty year old woman's body.

Also, this is what happens when you watched nine seasons of The Walking Dead, all six Resident Evil movies, and decided to start making your own dog food while in quarantine.


No comments:

Post a Comment