Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Fifteen years late, but I finally watched The Family Stone.

Dani has been trying to get me to watch this movie for a few years now. She assured me that I would love it and she was right. I've been meaning to watch it much sooner than I did, but I kept not finding it on streaming and I rarely buy dvd's anymore (although, I do still buy a few on occasion). Then, this past weekend, I finally found it available (on Hulu with HBO Demand!). 

Since my body decided to wake itself up at three and five o'clock this past weekend *ugh* I decided that D and I should have a movie day/weekend. Because why in the hell not? Needless to say, he was still passed out, so I started early Saturday without him, beginning with the classic "Sleeping with the Enemy." He woke up in time to watch the majority of it with me (he actually really liked it!) and after it was over, I took my mortgage payment out to Aunt Mary and he went back to sleep.

Once I got home though, we started watching them again. Honestly, with all the rain we've had and how gloomy it was, it was the perfect weekend to lounge and watch movies. The next one on the list? 

The Family Stone. And dude, I was not disappointed. I think I loved it so much, because it really does feel like that's what it's like when you get a dysfunctional family all together, especially around the holidays. Coming from a malfunctional family myself, I really related to it. 

It not only became one of my top three favorite Christmas movies (White Christmas being the first and Black Christmas 2006 being the second), but it's become one of my favorite movies in general that I plan to watch all year round. In all fairness I watch the other two all year round as well, but you get the point. It was hilarious, emotional, and comforting. I'd suggest it to any and every one. I literally couldn't stop switching back and forth from laughing and tearing up.

Also, I wish I looked like Rachel McAdams. Which is also not new, as I've wanted to look like her years, but especially in this movie! She's all laid back with messy hair and mismatched/comfy clothes. But she still looks incredible, adorable, and cooky. And that right there, is what I aspire for.

No comments:

Post a Comment