Friday, August 20, 2021

I made homemade veggie soup last night.... and that shit is delicious.

It's been a real nice treat having fresh veggies from our garden. I think I may have D spoiled with it and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to use a UV light and grow veggies in our back bedroom come winter time. I say it like it's a joke, but really, it could happen.

We're weird like that.

But this soup, y'all. It is sssoooooo delicious! I'm literally drooling just thinking about it. And since I made this recipe up on my very own (and D loves it and everybody else said it looks delicious) I figured I would put it out there.... mostly so I'll remember it myself later.

Ingredients: olive oil, 1/2 a large onion (or a whole small one), tomato paste, carrots, celery, rotel, dark red kidney beans, corn, 1/2 a head of cabbage, tomato&okra mix, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, minced garlic, red bell pepper, salt, pepper, paprika, worchestershire sauce.

And yes, I spelled worchestershire correctly, and no I refuse to capitalize it, because I don't want it to feel superior to all the other ingredients. Like I said, I'm f*cking weird. Let me be.

Anyways.... I usually hate when people ramble, but I'm also a rambler, so I always feel the need to put a little commentary into my recipes. Seriously, even my "recipe binder" that I have is filled with random notes, doodles, and jokes. It's quite comical, at least to me. Oh yeah, recipe time.

Instant Pot:
Step one: sauté onions and minced garlic in olive oil.
Step two: stir in tomato paste and let cook down (about one to two minutes).
Step three: mix in all other ingredients and cook on high for 12 minutes.

NOTE: Salt and pepper throughout each step.
NOTE: Can add hamburger if you want.

I usually always add hamburger meat to my soups/chili's/etc., but I didn't have any and frankly, I was too damn lazy to go to the store, so we just went veggie all the way and I have to say, we didn't miss the meat in it at all. Don't get me wrong, I am not going vegetarian, because I love me some meat, but I also love veggies and this pot of deliciousness certainly did the trick.

You also don't have to have an Instant Pot. You could just cook this on the stove and/or crockpot and it would have the same desired effect, you would just have to cook it alot longer. But, I hadn't used my Instant Pot in awhile and I really wanted veggie soup. From the time I started prepping to the time it was finished and ready to eat only took about an hour.

Also, I don't measure anything, I just cook everything to taste like my Momma taught me and hope for the best. I'm hoping that just like all other soups and stews that this one will only get better setting overnight, and I seriously can't wait to have more.

D literally walked into our house after work and he was on the phone with his dad and mid-conversation he stopped and said, "what in the hell is that smell?! It smells f*cking delicious in here." And that, my friends, is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment