Tuesday, November 30, 2021

I've officially been back to work for two days and what the f*ck?!

Y'all, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy having four days off in a row last week. I know it was for a holiday and all, but I really enjoyed it. Hanging out at my house, not wearing pants, drowning in a sweatshirt, watching tv and baking random shit. Cuddled up with my pups catching a buzz. Fun times.

Alas, I am an adult and eventually the real world came calling again and I couldn't ignore their pleas. *dramatic*

Speaking of the real world, I leave a little early today to get my Booster shot. I'm not exactly sure what an Omicron Variant is, but my bitch ass thinks it sounds like an alien warlord of some kind and no thank you. It was a random impulse scheduled appointment, so hopefully I won't feel like absolute horseshit tomorrow. We'll see. Update: My appointment was cancelled and I have to reschedule, because I was exactly two weeks away from the six month mark. Ugh.

What else? Oh yeah, Dani told me this morning that I got a "title promotion" at work. I wasn't sure what that meant, but now I get to sound fancy and tell people I'm a "Project Administrator" so that's cool. Makes me sound official as a motherf*cker. 

The next few weeks are going to be utter chaos. With Christmas approaching (don't even get me started on the fact that D and I haven't decorated and I haven't gotten him one single present yet) and our company moving, it's going to be an all out shit show. 

And guess who has front row seats?

D is also working at a different shop all this week. It's a further drive and it's a little harder for him, but like the trooper he is, he's getting up earlier and dragging his ass in. You know, sometimes we all have to do things we're not really looking forward to. But then again, I guess that's just the adult in us.

Honestly, I just want to go back home and ignore the rest of the world indefinitely. Unfortunately, I like things like shelter, food, and electricity for my family and myself, so telling the rest of the universe to f*ck off really isn't in the cards. You know, with work at least. And it's not that work is bad or anything, I actually like my job, I just really want to hibernate for the time being.

Anybody else feel like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment