Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The illness that is 2022. And yes, I'm talking about the whole year already. *dumpster fire*

Y'all, I try not to complain too much. Sure, I joke around about little inconvenient things here and there, but it's usually all in good fun and humor. However, to say that this year has already got me trying to cower in the corner and stay hidden somewhere would be an understatement. 

It's literally been whooping my ass. And we're only twenty-six days in.

Ouch.

The first thing to happen in 2022 was the fact I had to replace Ricardo. Don't get me wrong, I love Doug Judy. I do. And sure, it was probably time for me to update in the vehicle department, but damn! It would've been nice to be able to come to that decision with my husband instead of being forced into it.

Then, I lost a tooth. And not just a random back tooth. NO. My second front tooth on my left side? Gone. Nadda. Zilch. D and I were talking one night and then all of the sudden my tooth broke and I spit it out. I shit you not. The next day I had to go into the dentist and have him pull the remaining tooth so that it wouldn't break more. Did I get a partial yet? Nope. Apparently, the other five times that I've had my six front teeth fixed means absolutely nothing and they all need replaced. So for now, I'm rocking not having a front tooth. And yeah, I look like a Hilljack as much as I sound like one now.

Finally, (and I say finally, because please let this be the last thing bad to happen, I'm begging you!!) I have been so f*cking sick for the last few days that I honestly just wanted somebody to throw me in the trash. I'm a suffer in silence type of gal. When I'm sick I want to be left alone, take long showers, and talk to no one. This time though? Damn. D asked me on Monday night if he needed to take me to the ER and it was honestly the first time in my life where I almost said yes. It was horrible. Still don't know if it was food poisoning or Covid, but I'm being tested tomorrow and honestly, I don't care which it was as long as I don't get my hubby or pups (or anyone else!) sick too.

Also, it's zero degrees outside with a wind-chill of -20. You know your girl likes cold weather, hell sometimes downright frigid, but damn. I don't like having to see all my babies freeze every time they need to go outside. (D included).

So yeah, that's where I'm at twenty-six days into the new year. Just trying to get by and not make waves. I'm somewhere between paranoid and a nuclear mental break. Honestly? I just feel exhausted and want to curl up in the bed with my pups and hubs and stay there. And yeah, I've been doing that, because I'm sick, but I still don't feel 100% so I could still go for it.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment