Friday, July 22, 2022

It's been an exhausting week, but we totally got this.

This week has been exhausting. Nothing extensive has happened within our lives, but it's just one of those weeks. You know? Aside from the fact that I've been thoroughly freaked out, because there was a shooting at our local mall last Sunday (and the fact that D and I almost went to said mall that very day to pick up a backpack but decided to go to Walmart instead, because we felt lazy), nothing else has been out of the ordinary.

My MIL was supposed to be up this week, but because of my FIL's health, she's had to postpone her trip indefinitely. We would have loved to see her, but we completely understand the situation and why she felt like she needed to stay home. I myself would have made the exact same decision. Sometimes when something happens to your person, you have to put everything else on hold and deal with it the only way you can. However that may be.

We've been spending alot of time customizing D's new bike and I have to say that it's coming along rather nicely. He decided he wanted to go with a "Merica" theme and we definitely went with it. From the handlebars to the seat, we have customized it all. There's absolutely no way I can look at that bike and not see my husband in it. I've also taken to calling it "Mistress" and it makes D crack up every time.

Our pups are still my amazing little babies. Sparkles' ear has healed up all the way and he's still napping as often as the opportunity presents itself. Xur's anxiety is through the roof 24/7 even though we did have a handle on it, but he's still as lovable and cuddly as ever. And my little Tayderbug is chugging along and simply reminding me what a gift they all are to me every single day of our lives.

Can I just say how happy I am that its Friday? Like, forreal I'm so happy about this. All I want to do is stay in my house with my pups and hubby and let the weekend crawl by. Unfortunately, D has to work tomorrow so there will not be any sleeping in then, but maybe a chill day and a relaxing Sunday? One can hope for the best even if disaster is on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment