Tuesday, May 30, 2023

I know we just had Memorial Day weekend and all but... *SNORES*

Y'all, I am officially back to work after a three-day weekend and I am not having it. Sure, I'm very proud and feel blessed that I have a job I love (most days) and I am forever thankful for it BUT COME ON. Let me snuggle back into the covers and recover my whole ass body. That's it, I just need another day.

You see, we had a real fun weekend. While it was supposed to just be me, Dev and our pups, we ended up spending the majority of the time with Travis and Macey (aka Mavis). We alternated between houses and managed everything from tattoos to homemade french dips to dabbling in botany. 

And yesterday, the four of us took the tubes down White River for the day. I had personally never been tubing before and we all were a little lost on the process. It was supposed to be a three-four hour trip and it ended up being five and a half instead. Which was fine, except we're all a little crispy for it. Why we waited until the day before we had to go back to our normal lives to do this I'll never know, but here we are.

I straight up went from being Dev's little princess to being his little lobster. Seriously, my shins and stomach are F****D up. And D's shoulders? Pfsshh. CRISPY like KFC. I know Mace and Travis HAVE to be feeling that shit today. Mace is pale like me and Trav is a ginger so you know they're extra spicy looking this AM. *And yes, we used sunscreen, but that shit only goes so far.*

Full disclosure, I had to dress like Miss Honey from Matilda for work today, because things touching me aren't a thing. I asked Dev how I looked and his words were... "sexy... like a librarian." I wasn't aware dudes had a thing for librarians, so I'm taking it as a win. Then again, I mentioned the Miss Honey thing and he was like, "well, now that you mention it." It could be worse. I could be having a Trunchbull moment.

We all laugh about it, because what else are we supposed to do? Not to mention we have a couple new tattoos (Leo is a new dino-lizard on my thigh), a new bombass recipe, and memories to go round. Honestly, while I'm exhausted and want to do nothing but sleep right now, the fact we were going and had those experiences and that fun was worth it.

Seriously though, today when I get home I'm having a shower, putting on some comfy clothes, have a chill moment, snuggle with my pups and hubby, eat some leftover spaghetti (I made that shit when we got home from the river last night and it is delicious), and watching tv. That's it. That's all I'm doing and can't nobody change my mind.

Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment