Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Three years married to my Gatorbaby. ❤️❤️❤️

When I think about the fact we're married, there are times it still blows my mind. It's one of those things where I feel like I've been married for fifty years and four minutes all at the same time... in the very best of ways.

There is no one other than Dev I would want or would choose to spend my life with. He quite literally is the other piece of me and calls to my soul on an ethereal level. I was lucky. I know there are alot of people out there that say that, but I truly mean it.

He's not only an amazing husband, he's also my best friend. There's nothing that we do that we don't do together. He's my homie as much as he's my love and that in and of itself, to me, is priceless.

We were talking the other night... well... I was mostly incoherently rambling but that's besides the point... and I told D how much I loved being married to him. As most people know, I was steadfast in my whole "I'm never getting married" life plan. Honestly, after thinking it through, I realized that I didn't ever want to get married because I was scared.

I was scared that I would have to fight and argue and scream and be sad and live a lonely life if I was married. Because to me, that's what marriage was. That's what I had seen and that's what I knew. I've known very few people throughout my life that were "happy" and married. It's sad and confusing, but so very true.

But when Dev asked me to marry him, I knew he wouldn't make me live that life. I knew he just wanted me to be happy and healthy and to take care of each other and love each other as much as possible for however long was possible.

And that was a deal worth making.

He calls to my soul, makes everything feel better when he wraps me up, and truly is the greatest piece of myself I have to offer the world.

Happy Anniversary, my love. I know life is crazy and once again we're spending our anniversary in an unusual and unhip way (ah, the life of being an adult with health issues), but there's truly no one on this entire planet that could make me feel the way you do. You're my heart, my rock, my calm, and my storm. You're all the best of me stacked into one delicious 6'3 package and I'm so grateful that we found each other. 

I love you so deep in my bones, I don't know how my muscles hold up.

No comments:

Post a Comment