Monday, February 27, 2017

I watched the first season of Breaking Bad.... finally.

And holy shit, was I in for some unexpected turns and "wtf" moments. I know that the series ended in 2013, but once again, I'm late to the party. Just think, if you're late to the party you get to take home all of the awesome leftovers.... right?! NO?! That's not a thing? Huh, no wonder I'm not invited to parties anymore.

Remember back in October when I made a list of shows that I had started watching or had mentally put on the list to start watching? I was at various stages with all of them, but I made the comment that I had watched the first season of Breaking Bad.

I think that I must've made that up, because in no way shape or form did I remember anything as it was happening. I think that I must've read about all of these things somewhere (again, the show DID end in 2013), because it's like watching a completely new show with a million twists and turns.


Again, I do know some of the things that are going to happen (my poor baby, Jesse.... what does it say about me that I have a crush on a fictional thug/meth manufacturer? Screw it, at least it's only a fictional version and not in my actual life. #winning), but I think that it's going to be fun to get to live this story after so much of the hype has settles down.

It's still one of the most raved about series in television history.... and they weren't lying when they classified it as a DRAMA, but it just seems better to watch now.

(I don't know why, but just go with it.). The weather dropped this past weekend (what is even happening with Mother Nature these days?!), so we pretty much stayed inside and chilled (no pun intended). With the exception of going out once (we ran the errands that we had Friday so we could remain inside) to grab a burger (we went through the drive-thru and then came straight home to eat our food) and being on edge that we were gonna have to go out, because Greg's gf was in labor (don't worry, she was at her own house- and they are going to induce her labor at 5am Wednesday morning), it was a kick back and relax kind of weekend (my favorite kind.).

Between watching episodes of It's Always Sunny (I will never get tired of watching that show, I have seen every episode at least four times and some even more than that) and cooking/baking snack food, I decided to give Breaking Bad a go (since I just can't seem to get in the groove with The Walking Dead- I'm on Season03Episode13 and have been FOREVER).... and I ended up watching the entire first season yesterday (Sunday- also, I have no plans to quit on it anytime soon.).

And I'm not even a little bit sorry about it.... bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment