Thursday, December 14, 2017

When you're trying to reach a custody agreement.... on a box full of letters.

I've always loved to write. I'm sure you can't tell from the amount of rambling that I do around these parts, but I have. Back in the day my friends and I used to write each other letters and notes (and it's amazing how bad my handwriting has always been) and like all good pre-teens/teenagers, we had some pretty personal stuff in there.

Because we didn't know that social media was on the horizon.

So, needless to say I have alot of letters/notes from old friends of mine (yes, I'm a hoarder and I've accepted that about myself) detailing who they liked at the time (my friend, Rachel, liked alot of people.... Mo liked a few people), what was happening in our everyday lives, and answers to some math questions. You know, random.

There were very few friends of mine that kept my letters to them (because who in the hell keeps shit like that besides me?), but they have one or two from our childhood/teen years. You know, mementos.

Then there's that one friend of mine.... you know, this one.

He apparently has a box full (no, I don't know the size of the box) of my letters/notes/cards that I have written him over the years. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Once again, who keeps shit like that besides me? He informed me of this one day when we were giving each other shit via text and it definitely took me by surprise.

My first response was: "Wait a minute.... I wrote you enough letters and cards to fill a box??! When was the last time I had that much effort for anything? Wtf?!"

My second response was: "Burn them."

Because why in the hell wouldn't you want someone to burn a box full of shit that you had written/drawn on over the most awkward and painful years of your life? Now he refuses to burn them and nothing I can say will talk him out of it. I might have a better chance if I seen him face to face (he tries to give me the puppy face, but we both know that I invented that look ON HIM), but probably even then he wouldn't go for it.

I'm not sure why, but it probably has something to do with the blackmail that is at some point inevitably going to rear its ugly head. And no, I don't know what he's gonna blackmail me for, but considering that I don't remember what's all in those letters, it could be something really bad. Well, not bad, but hilarious for him.

Come on, dude. You need to burn that box.... I can't be having proof out there that I had feelings at some point in my life! Whether those feelings be of friendship, sadness, "like that", or otherwise.

Annnddddd.... he's still not going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment