Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Because I'm a giant musical dork: The Greatest Showman.

Back in December (2017) I mentioned that I wanted to watch Hugh Jackman/Zac Efron's new movie: The Greatest Showman.

And while it would have been nice to watch it in the theatre, I have an irrational fear of theatres and therefore we only go in the middle of the day (Sunday matinees) and only if I REALLY can't think of watching it any other way. Our last theatre trip was for the live-action version of Beauty & The Beast and we haven't been back since. And it had been YEARS before that.

So, I did with this what I do with many.... wait for the damn DVD and then watch it in the comfort of my own home.

And wait I did.... until I rented it from Redbox on Monday night. In my defense, I worked all day (that usual Monday through Friday life), cut grass, cleaned all of the stuff off our back porch (and set it out for heavy trash pickup.... even though now I have to pull it into the garage, because I got the dates screwed up), cooked supper and cleaned the house. And that was all before 6:00 pm.

Basically, I was on a f*cking roll.

In case you've been thinking about watching this, or you haven't really thought about it at all, I'm gonna go ahead and tell you WATCH IT. Watch it now or later or whatever, but definitely make sure you watch it at some point. It was awesome and the soundtrack is definitely on point. (That's slang, right?)

Also, I think we're all very comfortable admitting that the best part of this movie is badass Zendaya and Keala Settle (Zac Efron is pretty cool too). The guy that this was based off of (PT Barnum) might have been a real POS in life, but the movie version of him is only kind of a POS. Not too mention, Sam Humphrey is hilarious. Watch it.... soon and later.

No comments:

Post a Comment