Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I may very well fall over dead from a variety of possibilities.

Y'all, remember when I mentioned that I had been doing a shit ton of yard work? Yeah well, yesterday may have killed me.

And not to be dramatic or anything (yeah, ok), but I'm pretty sure that this is never gonna end and I may or may not join the Witness Protection Program (ala Joyce and Crabman).

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing maintenance yard work (I don't particularly like it, but I don't hate it either), but whoever lived in our house before us was a real asshole when it came to "keeping things up" in the yard department (ie: they didn't).

The house was ok (I'm assuming whoever was selling it probably had to fix a few things when their tenants moved out?), but the yard is (or I guess, was?) a damn disaster zone.

I did our front flower bed when I got home from work yesterday (the big one that I removed bushes from on Sunday) and the side of our house and in the process dug up a ridiculous amount of shit. I actually dug up four wire brushes. FOUR. Who in the hell buys four wire brushes in their entire lifetime let alone within a small amount of time just to bury in a flower bed? Is there some kind of urban legend or superstition that I don't know about?!

Also, I think I may have pulled something in my right shoulder/neck (so.... schneck?!), because it hurts and burns, but it could also be because my entire body is sore and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. A really big one at that. There's also a ton more to do and while I know it has to be done and I want it done, I have absolutely no desire to do any of it. Especially today, because I am tired. And I know that's not an excuse and things "still have to be done even though you're tired" and I'm not the only one that gets tired, I really ain't feeling it today.

My feet are swollen and my body hurts. Basically, I want to go home, put on comfy clothes, drink booze, and watch tv. Will I get to? Probably not. Do I really want to? Hell yes.

Side note: This humidity is killing me and my hair (and I want to chop it ALL off BAD). Tayder understands me.

No comments:

Post a Comment